English translation of holy Quran by Mohammed Marmaduke Pickthall
English translation of holy Quran - surah 96. Al-'Alaq (The Blood Clot) of 114
This version of holy Quran has English translation in plain text format by Mohammed Marmaduke Pickthall. The translation is in single color and each verse on its own line in an ordered list.
96. al-`Alaq: The Clot
- Read: In the name of thy Lord Who createth,
- Createth man from a clot.
- Read: And thy Lord is the Most Bounteous,
- Who teacheth by the pen,
- Teacheth man that which he knew not.
- Nay, but verily man is rebellious
- That he thinketh himself independent!
- Lo! unto thy Lord is the return.
- Hast thou seen him who dissuadeth
- A slave when he prayeth ?
- Hast thou seen if he relieth on the guidance (of Allah)
- Or enjoineth piety ?
- Hast thou seen if he denieth (Allah's guidance) and is froward ?
- Is he then unaware that Allah seeth ?
- Nay, but if he cease not We will seize him by the forelock -
- The lying, sinful forelock -
- Then let him call upon his henchmen!
- We will call the guards of hell.
- Nay, Obey not thou him. But prostrate thyself, and draw near (unto Allah).
English translation of holy Quran by Mohammed Marmaduke Pickthall - more information
Introduction: English translation in text format by Mohammed Marmaduke Pickthall. This translation is in public domain now and has been acquired from www.sacred-texts.com.
Other contributions: none
File format: plain text ( web pages )
Contents: total 114 surah in 114 pages
Full Quran: Full Quran on single web page by Marmaduke Pickthall
Type: the translation is idiomatic and only has English text with no Arabic transcript. The text is in black color and an easy to read font which can also be stylized by using your browser stylesheet / accessibility settings
Direct links to surahs of holy Quran