English translation of holy Quran by Mohammed Marmaduke Pickthall
English translation of holy Quran - surah 93. Al-Duha (The Forenoon) of 114
This version of holy Quran has English translation in plain text format by Mohammed Marmaduke Pickthall. The translation is in single color and each verse on its own line in an ordered list.
93. ad-Duha: The Early Hours
- By the morning hours
- And by the night when it is stillest,
- Thy Lord hath not forsaken thee nor doth He hate thee,
- And verily the latter portion will be better for thee than the former,
- And verily thy Lord will give unto thee so that thou wilt be content.
- Did He not find thee an orphan and protect (thee) ?
- Did He not find thee wandering and direct (thee) ?
- Did He not find thee destitute and enrich (thee) ?
- Therefor the orphan oppress not,
- Therefor the beggar drive not away,
- Therefor of the bounty of thy Lord be thy discourse.
English translation of holy Quran by Mohammed Marmaduke Pickthall - more information
Introduction: English translation in text format by Mohammed Marmaduke Pickthall. This translation is in public domain now and has been acquired from www.sacred-texts.com.
Other contributions: none
File format: plain text ( web pages )
Contents: total 114 surah in 114 pages
Full Quran: Full Quran on single web page by Marmaduke Pickthall
Type: the translation is idiomatic and only has English text with no Arabic transcript. The text is in black color and an easy to read font which can also be stylized by using your browser stylesheet / accessibility settings
Direct links to surahs of holy Quran