English translation of holy Quran by Mohammed Marmaduke Pickthall
English translation of holy Quran - surah 92. Al-Lail (The Night) of 114
This version of holy Quran has English translation in plain text format by Mohammed Marmaduke Pickthall. The translation is in single color and each verse on its own line in an ordered list.
92. al-Layl: The Night
- By the night enshrouding
- And the day resplendent
- And Him Who hath created male and female,
- Lo! your effort is dispersed (toward divers ends).
- As for him who giveth and is dutiful (toward Allah)
- And believeth in goodness;
- Surely We will ease his way unto the state of ease.
- But as for him who hoardeth and deemeth himself independent,
- And disbelieveth in goodness;
- Surely We will ease his way unto adversity.
- His riches will not save him when he perisheth.
- Lo! Ours it is (to give) the guidance
- And lo! unto Us belong the latter portion and the former.
- Therefor have I warned you of the flaming Fire
- Which only the most wretched must endure,
- He who denieth and turneth away.
- Far removed from it will be the righteous
- Who giveth his wealth that he may grow (in goodness).
- And none hath with him any favour for reward,
- Except as seeking (to fulfil) the purpose of his Lord Most High.
- He verily will be content.
English translation of holy Quran by Mohammed Marmaduke Pickthall - more information
Introduction: English translation in text format by Mohammed Marmaduke Pickthall. This translation is in public domain now and has been acquired from www.sacred-texts.com.
Other contributions: none
File format: plain text ( web pages )
Contents: total 114 surah in 114 pages
Full Quran: Full Quran on single web page by Marmaduke Pickthall
Type: the translation is idiomatic and only has English text with no Arabic transcript. The text is in black color and an easy to read font which can also be stylized by using your browser stylesheet / accessibility settings
Direct links to surahs of holy Quran