English translation of holy Quran by Mohammed Marmaduke Pickthall
English translation of holy Quran - surah 91. Al-Shams (The Sun) of 114
This version of holy Quran has English translation in plain text format by Mohammed Marmaduke Pickthall. The translation is in single color and each verse on its own line in an ordered list.
91. ash-Shams: The Sun
- By the sun and his brightness,
- And the moon when she followeth him,
- And the day when it revealeth him,
- And the night when it enshroudeth him,
- And the heaven and Him Who built it,
- And the earth and Him Who spread it,
- And a soul and Him Who perfected it
- And inspired it (with conscience of) what is wrong for it and (what is) right for it.
- He is indeed successful who causeth it to grow,
- And he is indeed a failure who stunteth it.
- (The tribe of) Thamud denied (the truth) in their rebellious pride,
- When the basest of them broke forth
- And the messenger of Allah said: It is the she-camel of Allah, so let her drink!
- But they denied him, and they hamstrung her, so Allah doomed them for their sin and rased (their dwellings).
- He dreadeth not the sequel (of events).
English translation of holy Quran by Mohammed Marmaduke Pickthall - more information
Introduction: English translation in text format by Mohammed Marmaduke Pickthall. This translation is in public domain now and has been acquired from www.sacred-texts.com.
Other contributions: none
File format: plain text ( web pages )
Contents: total 114 surah in 114 pages
Full Quran: Full Quran on single web page by Marmaduke Pickthall
Type: the translation is idiomatic and only has English text with no Arabic transcript. The text is in black color and an easy to read font which can also be stylized by using your browser stylesheet / accessibility settings
Direct links to surahs of holy Quran