English translation of holy Quran by Mohammed Marmaduke Pickthall
English translation of holy Quran - surah 90. Al-Balad (The City) of 114
This version of holy Quran has English translation in plain text format by Mohammed Marmaduke Pickthall. The translation is in single color and each verse on its own line in an ordered list.
90. al-Balad: The City
- Nay, I swear by this city -
- And thou art an indweller of this city -
- And the begetter and that which he begat,
- We verily have created man in an atmosphere:
- Thinketh he that none hath power over him ?
- And he saith: I have destroyed vast wealth:
- Thinketh he that none beholdeth him ?
- Did We not assign unto him two eyes
- And a tongue and two lips,
- And guide him to the parting of the mountain ways ?
- But he hath not attempted the Ascent -
- Ah, what will convey unto thee what the Ascent is! -
- (It is) to free a slave,
- And to feed in the day of hunger.
- An orphan near of kin,
- Or some poor wretch in misery,
- And to be of those who believe and exhort one another to perseverance and exhort one another to pity.
- Their place will be on the right hand.
- But those who disbelieve Our revelations, their place will be on the left hand.
- Fire will be an awning over them.
English translation of holy Quran by Mohammed Marmaduke Pickthall - more information
Introduction: English translation in text format by Mohammed Marmaduke Pickthall. This translation is in public domain now and has been acquired from www.sacred-texts.com.
Other contributions: none
File format: plain text ( web pages )
Contents: total 114 surah in 114 pages
Full Quran: Full Quran on single web page by Marmaduke Pickthall
Type: the translation is idiomatic and only has English text with no Arabic transcript. The text is in black color and an easy to read font which can also be stylized by using your browser stylesheet / accessibility settings
Direct links to surahs of holy Quran