English translation of holy Quran by Mohammed Marmaduke Pickthall
English translation of holy Quran - surah 87. Al-Al'la (The Most High) of 114
This version of holy Quran has English translation in plain text format by Mohammed Marmaduke Pickthall. The translation is in single color and each verse on its own line in an ordered list.
87. al-A`la: The Most High
- Praise the name of thy Lord the Most High,
- Who createth, then disposeth;
- Who measureth, then guideth;
- Who bringeth forth the pasturage,
- Then turneth it to russet stubble.
- We shall make thee read (O Muhammad) so that thou shalt not forget
- Save that which Allah willeth. Lo! He knoweth the disclosed and that which still is hidden;
- And We shall ease thy way unto the state of ease.
- Therefor remind (men), for of use is the reminder.
- He will heed who feareth,
- But the most hapless will flout it,
- He who will be flung to the great Fire
- Wherein he will neither die nor live.
- He is successful who groweth,
- And remembereth the name of his Lord, so prayeth,
- But ye prefer the life of the world
- Although the Hereafter is better and more lasting.
- Lo! This is in the former scrolls.
- The Books of Abraham and Moses.
English translation of holy Quran by Mohammed Marmaduke Pickthall - more information
Introduction: English translation in text format by Mohammed Marmaduke Pickthall. This translation is in public domain now and has been acquired from www.sacred-texts.com.
Other contributions: none
File format: plain text ( web pages )
Contents: total 114 surah in 114 pages
Full Quran: Full Quran on single web page by Marmaduke Pickthall
Type: the translation is idiomatic and only has English text with no Arabic transcript. The text is in black color and an easy to read font which can also be stylized by using your browser stylesheet / accessibility settings
Direct links to surahs of holy Quran