English translation of holy Quran by Mohammed Marmaduke Pickthall
English translation of holy Quran - surah 85. Al-Buruj (The Constellations) of 114
This version of holy Quran has English translation in plain text format by Mohammed Marmaduke Pickthall. The translation is in single color and each verse on its own line in an ordered list.
85. al-Buruj: the Constellations
- By the heaven, holding mansions of the stars,
- And by the Promised Day.
- And by the witness and that whereunto he beareth testimony,
- (Self-)destroyed were the owners of the ditch
- Of the fuel-fed fire,
- When they sat by it,
- And were themselves the witnesses of what they did to the believers.
- They had naught against them save that they believed in Allah, the Mighty, the Owner of Praise,
- Him unto Whom belongeth the Sovereignty of the heavens and the earth; and Allah is of all things the Witness.
- Lo! they who persecute believing men and believing women and repent not, theirs verily will be the doom of hell, and theirs the doom of burning.
- Lo! those who believe and do good works, theirs will be Gardens underneath which rivers flow. That is the Great Success.
- Lo! the punishment of thy Lord is stern.
- Lo! He it is Who produceth, then reproduceth,
- And He is the Forgiving, the Loving,
- Lord of the Throne of Glory,
- Doer of what He will.
- Hath there come unto thee the story of the hosts
- Of Pharaoh and (the tribe of) Thamud ?
- Nay, but those who disbelieve live in denial
- And Allah, all unseen, surroundeth them.
- Nay, but it is a glorious Qur'an.
- On a guarded tablet.
English translation of holy Quran by Mohammed Marmaduke Pickthall - more information
Introduction: English translation in text format by Mohammed Marmaduke Pickthall. This translation is in public domain now and has been acquired from www.sacred-texts.com.
Other contributions: none
File format: plain text ( web pages )
Contents: total 114 surah in 114 pages
Full Quran: Full Quran on single web page by Marmaduke Pickthall
Type: the translation is idiomatic and only has English text with no Arabic transcript. The text is in black color and an easy to read font which can also be stylized by using your browser stylesheet / accessibility settings
Direct links to surahs of holy Quran