English translation of holy Quran by Mohammed Marmaduke Pickthall
English translation of holy Quran - surah 84. Al-Inshiqaq (The Rending) of 114
This version of holy Quran has English translation in plain text format by Mohammed Marmaduke Pickthall. The translation is in single color and each verse on its own line in an ordered list.
84. al-Inshiqaq: The Rending
- When the heaven is split asunder
- And attentive to her Lord in fear,
- And when the earth is spread out
- And hath cast out all that was in her, and is empty
- And attentive to her Lord in fear!
- Thou, verily, O man, art working toward thy Lord a work which thou wilt meet (in His presence).
- Then whoso is given his account in his right hand
- He truly will receive an easy reckoning
- And will return unto his folk in joy.
- But whoso is given his account behind his back,
- He surely will invoke destruction
- And be thrown to scorching fire.
- He verily lived joyous with his folk,
- He verily deemed that he would never return (unto Allah).
- Nay, but lo! his Lord is ever looking on him!
- Oh, I swear by the afterglow of sunset,
- And by the night and all that it enshroudeth,
- And by the moon when she is at the full,
- That ye shall journey on from plane to plane.
- What aileth them, then, that they believe not
- And, when the Qur'an is recited unto them, worship not (Allah) ?
- Nay, but those who disbelieve will deny;
- And Allah knoweth best what they are hiding.
- So give them tidings of a painful doom,
- Save those who believe and do good works, for theirs is a reward unfailing.
English translation of holy Quran by Mohammed Marmaduke Pickthall - more information
Introduction: English translation in text format by Mohammed Marmaduke Pickthall. This translation is in public domain now and has been acquired from www.sacred-texts.com.
Other contributions: none
File format: plain text ( web pages )
Contents: total 114 surah in 114 pages
Full Quran: Full Quran on single web page by Marmaduke Pickthall
Type: the translation is idiomatic and only has English text with no Arabic transcript. The text is in black color and an easy to read font which can also be stylized by using your browser stylesheet / accessibility settings
Direct links to surahs of holy Quran