English translation of holy Quran by Mohammed Marmaduke Pickthall
English translation of holy Quran - surah 83. Al-Mutatfifin (The Stinters) of 114
This version of holy Quran has English translation in plain text format by Mohammed Marmaduke Pickthall. The translation is in single color and each verse on its own line in an ordered list.
83. at-Tatfif: The Defrauders
- Woe unto the defrauders:
- Those who when they take the measure from mankind demand it full,
- But if they measure unto them or weight for them, they cause them loss.
- Do such (men) not consider that they will be raised again
- Unto an Awful Day,
- The day when (all) mankind stand before the Lord of the Worlds ?
- Nay, but the record of the vile is in Sijjin -
- Ah! what will convey unto thee what Sijjin is! -
- A written record.
- Woe unto the repudiators on that day!
- Those who deny the Day of Judgment
- Which none denieth save each criminal transgressor,
- Who, when thou readest unto him Our revelations, saith: (Mere) fables of the men of old.
- Nay, but that which they have earned is rust upon their hearts.
- Nay, but surely on that day they will be covered from (the mercy of) their Lord.
- Then lo! they verily will burn in hell,
- And it will be said (unto them): This is that which ye used to deny.
- Nay, but the record of the righteous is in 'Illiyin -
- Ah, what will convey unto thee what 'Illiyin is! -
- A written record,
- Attested by those who are brought near (unto their Lord).
- Lo! the righteous verily are in delight,
- On couches, gazing,
- Thou wilt know in their faces the radiance of delight.
- They are given to drink of a pure wine, sealed,
- Whose seal is musk - for this let (all) those strive who strive for bliss -
- And mixed with water of Tasnim,
- A spring whence those brought near (to Allah) drink.
- Lo! the guilty used to laugh at those who believed,
- And wink one to another when they passed them;
- And when they returned to their own folk, they returned jesting;
- And when they saw them they said: Lo! these have gone astray.
- Yet they were not sent as guardians over them.
- This day it is those who believe who have the laugh of disbelievers,
- On high couches, gazing.
- Are not the disbelievers paid for what they used to do ?
English translation of holy Quran by Mohammed Marmaduke Pickthall - more information
Introduction: English translation in text format by Mohammed Marmaduke Pickthall. This translation is in public domain now and has been acquired from www.sacred-texts.com.
Other contributions: none
File format: plain text ( web pages )
Contents: total 114 surah in 114 pages
Full Quran: Full Quran on single web page by Marmaduke Pickthall
Type: the translation is idiomatic and only has English text with no Arabic transcript. The text is in black color and an easy to read font which can also be stylized by using your browser stylesheet / accessibility settings
Direct links to surahs of holy Quran