English translation of holy Quran by Mohammed Marmaduke Pickthall
English translation of holy Quran - surah 82. Al-Infitar (The Splitting) of 114
This version of holy Quran has English translation in plain text format by Mohammed Marmaduke Pickthall. The translation is in single color and each verse on its own line in an ordered list.
82. al-Infitar: The Cleaving Asunder
- When the heaven is cleft asunder,
- When the planets are dispersed,
- When the seas are poured forth,
- And the sepulchres are overturned,
- A soul will know what it hath sent before (it) and what left behind.
- O man! What hath made thee careless concerning thy Lord, the Bountiful,
- Who created thee, then fashioned, then proportioned thee ?
- Into whatsoever form He will, He casteth thee.
- Nay, but ye deny the Judgment.
- Lo! there are above you guardians,
- Generous and recording,
- Who know (all) that ye do.
- Lo! the righteous verily will be in delight.
- And lo! the wicked verily will be in hell;
- They will burn therein on the Day of Judgment,
- And will not be absent thence.
- Ah, what will convey unto thee what the Day of Judgment is!
- Again, what will convey unto thee what the Day of Judgment is!
- A day on which no soul hath power at all for any (other) soul. The (absolute) command on that day is Allah's.
English translation of holy Quran by Mohammed Marmaduke Pickthall - more information
Introduction: English translation in text format by Mohammed Marmaduke Pickthall. This translation is in public domain now and has been acquired from www.sacred-texts.com.
Other contributions: none
File format: plain text ( web pages )
Contents: total 114 surah in 114 pages
Full Quran: Full Quran on single web page by Marmaduke Pickthall
Type: the translation is idiomatic and only has English text with no Arabic transcript. The text is in black color and an easy to read font which can also be stylized by using your browser stylesheet / accessibility settings
Direct links to surahs of holy Quran