English translation of holy Quran by Mohammed Marmaduke Pickthall
English translation of holy Quran - surah 75. Al-Qiyamah (The Resurrection) of 114
This version of holy Quran has English translation in plain text format by Mohammed Marmaduke Pickthall. The translation is in single color and each verse on its own line in an ordered list.
75. al-Qiyamah: The Resurrection
- Nay, I swear by the Day of Resurrection;
- Nay, I swear by the accusing soul (that this Scripture is true).
- Thinketh man that We shall not assemble his bones ?
- Yea, verily. We are Able to restore his very fingers!
- But man would fain deny what is before him.
- He asketh: When will be this Day of Resurrection ?
- But when sight is confounded
- And the moon is eclipsed
- And sun and moon are united,
- On that day man will cry: Whither to flee!
- Alas! No refuge!
- Unto thy Lord is the recourse that day.
- On that day man is told the tale of that which he hath sent before and left behind.
- Oh, but man is a telling witness against himself,
- Although he tender his excuses.
- Stir not thy tongue herewith to hasten it.
- Lo! upon Us (resteth) the putting together thereof and the reading thereof.
- And when We read it, follow thou the reading;
- Then lo! upon Us (resteth) the explanation thereof.
- Nay, but ye do love the fleeting Now
- And neglect the Hereafter.
- That day will faces be resplendent,
- Looking toward their Lord;
- And that day will other faces be despondent,
- Thou wilt know that some great disaster is about to fall on them.
- Nay, but when the life cometh up to the throat
- And men say: Where is the wizard (who can save him now) ?
- And he knoweth that it is the parting;
- And agony is heaped on agony;
- Unto thy Lord that day will be the driving.
- For he neither trusted, nor prayed.
- But he denied and flouted.
- Then went he to his folk with glee.
- Nearer unto thee and nearer,
- Again nearer unto thee and nearer (is the doom).
- Thinketh man that he is to be left aimless ?
- Was he not a drop of fluid which gushed forth ?
- Then he became a clot; then (Allah) shaped and fashioned
- And made of him a pair, the male and female.
- Is not He (Who doeth so) Able to bring the dead to life ?
English translation of holy Quran by Mohammed Marmaduke Pickthall - more information
Introduction: English translation in text format by Mohammed Marmaduke Pickthall. This translation is in public domain now and has been acquired from www.sacred-texts.com.
Other contributions: none
File format: plain text ( web pages )
Contents: total 114 surah in 114 pages
Full Quran: Full Quran on single web page by Marmaduke Pickthall
Type: the translation is idiomatic and only has English text with no Arabic transcript. The text is in black color and an easy to read font which can also be stylized by using your browser stylesheet / accessibility settings
Direct links to surahs of holy Quran