English translation of holy Quran by Mohammed Marmaduke Pickthall
English translation of holy Quran - surah 73. Al-Muzammil (The Enwrapped) of 114
This version of holy Quran has English translation in plain text format by Mohammed Marmaduke Pickthall. The translation is in single color and each verse on its own line in an ordered list.
73. al-Muzammil: The Mantled One
- O thou wrapped up in thy raiment!
- Keep vigil the night long, save a little -
- A half thereof, or abate a little thereof
- Or add (a little) thereto - and chant the Qur'an in measure,
- For we shall charge thee with a word of weight.
- Lo! the vigil of the night is (a time) when impression is more keen and speech more certain.
- Lo! thou hast by day a chain of business.
- So remember the name of thy Lord and devote thyself with a complete devotion -
- Lord of the East and the West; there is no God save Him; so choose thou Him alone for thy defender -
- And bear with patience what they utter, and part from them with a fair leave- taking.
- Leave Me to deal with the deniers, lords of ease and comfort (in this life); and do thou respite them awhile.
- Lo! with Us are heavy fetters and a raging fire,
- And food which choketh (the partaker), and a painful doom
- On the day when the earth and the hills rock, and the hills become a heap of running sand.
- Lo! We have sent unto you a messenger as witness against you, even as We sent unto Pharaoh a messenger.
- But Pharaoh rebelled against the messenger, whereupon We seized him with no gentle grip.
- Then how, if ye disbelieve, will ye protect yourselves upon the day which will turn children grey,
- The very heaven being then rent asunder. His promise is to be fulfilled.
- Lo! This is a Reminder. Let him who will, then, choose a way unto his Lord.
- Lo! thy Lord knoweth how thou keepest vigil sometimes nearly two-thirds of the night, or (sometimes) half or a third thereof, as do a party of those with thee. Allah measureth the night and the day. He knoweth that ye count it not, and turneth unto you in mercy. Recite, then, of the Qur'an that which is easy for you. He knoweth that there are sick folk among you, while others travel in the land in search of Allah's bounty, and others (still) are fighting for the cause of Allah. So recite of it that which is easy (for you), and establish worship and pay the poor-due, and (so) lend unto Allah a goodly loan. Whatsoever good ye send before you for your souls, ye will find it with Allah, better and greater in the recompense. And seek forgiveness of Allah. Lo! Allah is Forgiving, Merciful.
English translation of holy Quran by Mohammed Marmaduke Pickthall - more information
Introduction: English translation in text format by Mohammed Marmaduke Pickthall. This translation is in public domain now and has been acquired from www.sacred-texts.com.
Other contributions: none
File format: plain text ( web pages )
Contents: total 114 surah in 114 pages
Full Quran: Full Quran on single web page by Marmaduke Pickthall
Type: the translation is idiomatic and only has English text with no Arabic transcript. The text is in black color and an easy to read font which can also be stylized by using your browser stylesheet / accessibility settings
Direct links to surahs of holy Quran