English translation of holy Quran by Allah.com
English translation of holy Quran - surah 91. The Sun - Ash-Shams of 114
This version of holy Quran has English translation in plain text format by Allah.com. The translation is in single color and each verse on its own paragraph is followed by verse number in brackets.
91. The Sun - Ash-Shams
In the Name of Allah the Most Merciful, the Most Beneficent
- By the sun and its mid-morning,
- by the moon, which follows it,
- bythe day, when it displays it,
- by the night, when it envelops it!
- Bythe heaven and Who built it,
- by the earth and Who spread it,
- by thesoul and Who shaped it
- and inspired it with its sin and its piety,
- prosperous is he who purified it,
- and failed is he who buried it!
- Thamood belied in their pride
- when the most wicked of them broke forth,
- the Messenger of Allah said to them: '(This is) the she-camel of Allah,let her drink.'
- But they belied him, and hamstrung her. So their Lordcrushed them for their sin and leveled it (their village).
- He does notfear the result (of their destruction).
English translation of holy Quran by Allah.com - more information
Introduction: English translation in text format generously provided by Allah.com. For details about this translation please check the website Allah.com.
Other contributions: none
File format: plain text ( web pages )
Contents: total 114 surah in 114 pages
Full Quran: Full Quran on single webpage by Allah.com
Type: the translation is idiomatic and only has English text with no Arabic transcript. The text is in black color and an easy to read font which can also be stylized by using your browser stylesheet / accessibility settings
Direct links to surahs of holy Quran