English translation of holy Quran by Allah.com
English translation of holy Quran - surah 74. The Cloaked - Al-Muddaththir of 114
This version of holy Quran has English translation in plain text format by Allah.com. The translation is in single color and each verse on its own paragraph is followed by verse number in brackets.
74. The Cloaked - Al-Muddaththir
In the Name of Allah the Most Merciful, the Most Beneficent
- O you (Prophet Muhamad), the cloaked,
- arise and warn,
- and exaltyour Lord,
- and purify your clothing,
- and flee from the statues!
- Donot give, thinking to gain greater
- be patient unto your Lord.
- When theHorn is blown,
- that shall be a Harsh Day
- and it will not be easy forthe unbelievers.
- Leave Me alone with he whom I created
- anddesignated for him ample wealth,
- and sons that stand in witness.
- Imade things smooth and easy for him,
- yet he is eager that I increasehim.
- Not at all! Surely, he has been disobedient to Our verses.
- Iwill constrain him to a hard ascent.
- He reflected, and then determined-
- death seized him, how was his determining!
- Again, death seizedhim, how was his determining!
- Then he looked,
- frowned and scowled;
- then he retreated and grew proud
- and said: 'This is no more thantraced sorcery;
- It is nothing but the word of a mortal!'
- I willsurely roast him in the Scorching.
- What will let you know what theScorching is like!
- It neither spares, nor releases,
- and it burns theflesh.
- Over it are nineteen (angels guarding).
- We have appointednone but angels to guard the Fire, and made their number only as a trialfor the unbelievers, so that those to whom the Book was given are certainand those who believe increase in belief. And that those who were giventhe Book, and those who believe will not be in doubt. And that those inwhose hearts there is a sickness, together with the unbelievers, may say:'What did Allah intend by this as an example?' As such, Allah leaves inerror whom He will and He guides whomsoever He will. None knows the hostsof your Lord except He. This is no more than a Reminder to humans.
- No,by the moon!
- By the receding night
- and the morning when it appears,
- it is one of the greatest trials,
- a warning to humans,
- to whoeveramong you desires to go forward, or lag behind.
- Each soul is held inpledge for what it earns,
- except the Companions of the Right.
- InGardens they will question
- concerning the sinners,
- 'What caused youto be thrust into the Scorching (Fire)?'
- They will reply: 'We were notamong those who prayed
- and we did not feed the needy.
- We plunged inwith the plungers
- and belied the Day of Recompense
- till thecertainty (death) overtook us.'
- The intercession of their intercessorsshall not benefit them.
- What is the matter with them that they turnaway from this Reminder,
- like startled wild donkeys
- fleeing before alion?
- Indeed, each one of them desires to be given unrolled scrolls.
- No, indeed they have no fear of the Everlasting Life.
- No, indeed,surely, this is a Reminder.
- So, whoever wills, will remember it.
- Butnone will remember, unless Allah wills, He is the Owner of fear, the Ownerof forgiveness.
English translation of holy Quran by Allah.com - more information
Introduction: English translation in text format generously provided by Allah.com. For details about this translation please check the website Allah.com.
Other contributions: none
File format: plain text ( web pages )
Contents: total 114 surah in 114 pages
Full Quran: Full Quran on single webpage by Allah.com
Type: the translation is idiomatic and only has English text with no Arabic transcript. The text is in black color and an easy to read font which can also be stylized by using your browser stylesheet / accessibility settings
Direct links to surahs of holy Quran