English translation of holy Quran by Allah.com
English translation of holy Quran - surah 72. The Jinn - Al-Jinn of 114
This version of holy Quran has English translation in plain text format by Allah.com. The translation is in single color and each verse on its own paragraph is followed by verse number in brackets.
72. The Jinn - Al-Jinn
In the Name of Allah the Most Merciful, the Most Beneficent
- Say: 'It is revealed to me that a party of jinn listened then said:"We have indeed heard a wonderful Koran,
- that guides to the Right Path.We believe in it and we will not associate anyone with our Lord.
- He -exalted be the Majesty of our Lord, who has neither taken to Himself awife, nor a son!
- The ignorant fool among us has spoken outrageouslyagainst Allah,
- we never thought that either human or jinn would evertell a lie against Allah!"'
- But there were certain men from mankind whowould take refuge with certain males from the jinn and they increased themin tyranny.
- Like you, they thought that Allah would never raise thedead.
- (The jinn continued saying): "We made our way towards heaven, butwe found it filled with stern guards and a flame.
- There, we would sit toeavesdrop, but now an eavesdropper finds a flame in wait for him.
- Andso we do not know whether evil is intended for those on earth, or whethertheir Lord intends to guide them.
- Some of us are righteous, but someare otherwise, we are sects that differ.
- We know that we cannotfrustrate Allah in the earth, nor can we frustrate Him by flight.
- Whenwe heard the Guidance, we believed in it, and whosoever believes in hisLord shall fear neither shortage nor injustice.
- Some of us havesurrendered (Muslims) and some of us have deviated. Those who surrenderedsought the Right Path,
- but those who have deviated shall become thefuel of Gehenna (Hell).
- If they had followed the Path We would give tothem abundant water to drink,
- and tested them with it. And whosoeverturns away from his Lord's Remembrance, He will hurl him into a sternpunishment.
- Mosques belong to Allah, so do not call to anyone else,other than Allah.
- When the worshiper of Allah stood supplicating toHim, they swarmed around him (Prophet Muhammad).
- Say: 'I supplicateonly to my Lord and I do not associate any with Him.'
- Say: 'Indeed, Ipossess no power over you, either for harm or for guidance.'
- Say: 'Noneshall protect me from Allah, and other than Him, I will find no refuge,
- except a deliverance from Allah and His Messages. He who disobeys Allahand His Messenger, for him is the Fire of Gehenna, which he will be in forever.
- When they see that which they were promised they shall know whois weaker in helpers and fewer in numbers.
- Say: 'I do not know whetherthat which you are promised is near, or whether my Lord will set for it atime.
- He is the Knower of the Unseen and does not disclose His Unseento anyone,
- except only to a Messenger that He has chosen, and He sendsguardians before him and behind him,
- so that He may know that they havedelivered the Messages of their Lord and He encompasses all that is withthem, and He has counted everything in numbers.'
English translation of holy Quran by Allah.com - more information
Introduction: English translation in text format generously provided by Allah.com. For details about this translation please check the website Allah.com.
Other contributions: none
File format: plain text ( web pages )
Contents: total 114 surah in 114 pages
Full Quran: Full Quran on single webpage by Allah.com
Type: the translation is idiomatic and only has English text with no Arabic transcript. The text is in black color and an easy to read font which can also be stylized by using your browser stylesheet / accessibility settings
Direct links to surahs of holy Quran