English translation of holy Quran by Allah.com
English translation of holy Quran - surah 70. The Elevated Passages - Al-Ma'arij of 114
This version of holy Quran has English translation in plain text format by Allah.com. The translation is in single color and each verse on its own paragraph is followed by verse number in brackets.
70. The Elevated Passages - Al-Ma'arij
In the Name of Allah the Most Merciful, the Most Beneficent
- A caller supplicated about a punishment to fall on
- the unbelieverswhich none can prevent.
- (A punishment) from Allah, the Owner of theElevated Passages.
- To Him the angels and the Spirit (Gabriel) ascend ina day, the measure of which is fifty thousand years.
- Therefore bepatient, with a beautiful patience;
- they see it as being far off;
- butWe see it near.
- On that Day the heaven shall become like molten copper,
- and the mountains shall be like puffs of wool.
- No loyal friend willask another loyal friend
- though they are in sight of each other. Toransom himself from the punishment of that Day, the sinner will wish thathe might even ransom himself by his sons,
- his companion (wife), hisbrother,
- the kinsmen who gave him shelter,
- and whosoever is in theearth, altogether, so that it might save him.
- No, in truth, it is aFurnace!
- It snatches away by the scalps,
- and it shall call him whowithdrew and turned his back
- and amassed (riches) and hoarded.
- Indeed, the human was created grudging and impatient.
- When evil comesupon him he is impatient;
- but when good comes upon him, he is grudging
- except those that pray
- who are constant in prayer;
- who, fromtheir wealth is a known right
- for the impoverished non-requester andthe requester,
- who confirm the Day of Reckoning
- and go in fear ofthe punishment of their Lord,
- for none is secure from the punishment oftheir Lord,
- who guard their privates
- except from their wives andwhat their right hands own, for these they are not blameworthy.
- Butwhosoever seeks beyond that, they are the transgressors.
- (Those) whokeep their trusts and their covenant,
- and standby their witnessing,
- and who are constant in their prayers.
- Those are highly honored in theGardens.
- But what is the matter with the unbelievers, that they straintheir glances continuously towards them,
- on the right and on the leftin groups?
- What, is every one of them eager to be admitted to theGarden of Bliss?
- Not at all, for We have created them of what theyknow.
- No, I swear by the Lord of the Easts and the Wests that We havethe ability
- to exchange them with others better than they; nothing canoutstrip Us!
- So leave them alone to plunge and play, until theyencounter the Day which they are promised;
- the Day when they shall rushfrom their graves, as if they were hurrying to a raised flag,
- theireyes are humbled and they are covered with humiliation. Such is the Daythat they were promised.
English translation of holy Quran by Allah.com - more information
Introduction: English translation in text format generously provided by Allah.com. For details about this translation please check the website Allah.com.
Other contributions: none
File format: plain text ( web pages )
Contents: total 114 surah in 114 pages
Full Quran: Full Quran on single webpage by Allah.com
Type: the translation is idiomatic and only has English text with no Arabic transcript. The text is in black color and an easy to read font which can also be stylized by using your browser stylesheet / accessibility settings
Direct links to surahs of holy Quran