English translation of holy Quran by Allah.com
English translation of holy Quran - surah 66. The Forbidding - At-Tahreem of 114
This version of holy Quran has English translation in plain text format by Allah.com. The translation is in single color and each verse on its own paragraph is followed by verse number in brackets.
66. The Forbidding - At-Tahreem
In the Name of Allah the Most Merciful, the Most Beneficent
- O Prophet, why do you forbid that which Allah has made lawful to you.Do you seek to please your wives?' Allah is the Forgiving, the MostMerciful.
- Allah has absolved you from your oaths. Allah is yourGuardian, the Knowing, the Wise.
- The Prophet confided a certain matterto one of his wives but thereafter she disclosed it, then Allah revealedwhat she had done to him. He made part of it known and another part not.And when he acquainted her with it, she said: 'Who has told you this?' Hereplied: 'I was told of it by the Knower, the Aware.'
- If both of you(wives) turn to Allah in repentance, even though your hearts inclined; butif you support one another against him, (know that) Allah is his Guardian,and Gabriel, and the righteous among the believers; and thereafter theangels are his reinforcers.
- It may be that if he divorces you his Lordwill give him in your place better wives than yourselves, women who havesurrendered, believing, obedient, penitent worshippers and given tofasting; who were (previously) married, and virgins too.
- Believers,guard yourselves and your families against the Fire the fuel of which ispeople and stones, over which there are harsh, and stern angels who neverdisobey Allah in that which He orders and do what they are ordered.
- Unbelievers, make no excuse for yourselves this Day. You shall berecompensed only according to your deeds.
- Believers, turn to Allah insincere repentance. Your Lord may acquit you of your sins, and admit youto Gardens underneath which rivers flow on a Day when Allah will notdegrade the Prophet and those who believe with him. Their light will runbefore them and on their right hands, and they will say: 'Our Lord,complete our light for us and forgive us. Surely, You have power over allthings.'
- O Prophet, struggle with the unbelievers and the hypocrites anddeal harshly with them. Gehenna (Hell) shall be their refuge, an evilarrival!
- Allah has given as an example for the unbelievers, the wife ofNoah and the wife of Lot. They were married to two of Our righteousworshipers, but they betrayed them. It was not for (Noah and Lot) to availthem a thing. It was said to them both: 'Enter the Fire with those whoshall enter.'
- But to those who believe Allah has given as an examplePharaoh's wife, who said: 'My Lord, build me a house before You inParadise and save me from Pharaoh and his work, and save me from aharm-doing nation.'
- And, Mary, 'Imran's daughter, who guarded herchastity so We breathed into her of Our Spirit (Gabriel); and she put hertrust in the Words of her Lord and His Books, and was among the devout.
English translation of holy Quran by Allah.com - more information
Introduction: English translation in text format generously provided by Allah.com. For details about this translation please check the website Allah.com.
Other contributions: none
File format: plain text ( web pages )
Contents: total 114 surah in 114 pages
Full Quran: Full Quran on single webpage by Allah.com
Type: the translation is idiomatic and only has English text with no Arabic transcript. The text is in black color and an easy to read font which can also be stylized by using your browser stylesheet / accessibility settings
Direct links to surahs of holy Quran