English translation of holy Quran by Allah.com
English translation of holy Quran - surah 65. The Divorce - At-Talaq of 114
This version of holy Quran has English translation in plain text format by Allah.com. The translation is in single color and each verse on its own paragraph is followed by verse number in brackets.
65. The Divorce - At-Talaq
In the Name of Allah the Most Merciful, the Most Beneficent
- O (nation of the) Prophet, if you divorce your wives, divorce themafter (the end of their) menstrual cycle. Count their waiting period andfear Allah your Lord. Do not drive them from their homes or let them goaway unless they commit a proven immorality. Such are the bounds set byAllah, he that exceeds the bounds of Allah wrongs himself. You do notknow, perhaps after that Allah will bring a new event.
- When they havereached their term, either keep them honorably or part from themhonorably. Call two honest men among you to witness and give yourwitnessing before Allah. Whoever believes in Allah and the Last Day iswarned to do this. Whosoever fears Allah, He will appoint for him a wayout,
- and provide for him from where he does not expect, Allah isSufficient for whosoever puts his trust in Him. Indeed, Allah brings aboutwhatever He decrees. Allah has set a measure for all things.
- As for yourwomen who have despaired of further menstruating, if you are in doubt,then their waiting period is three months as well as those who have notyet menstruated. As for those who are pregnant, their term shall be thetime they deliver their burden. Allah will ease (matters) by His order forwhosoever fears Him.
- Such is the command of Allah that He has sent downto you. Whosoever fears Allah shall be relieved of his sins and given amighty wage.
- Lodge them in your home according to your means. Do notharass them so as to (make life) difficult for them. If they are withchild, spend upon them until they deliver their burden; and if they sucklegive them their wage and consult together honorably. But if you both makedifficulties, let another woman suckle for him.
- Let the rich spendaccording to his wealth and for he whose provision is little, let himspend from what Allah has given him. Allah does not charge a soul exceptwith that He has given him. Surely, Allah will bring ease afterdifficulty.
- How many a village has turned in its pride against the Orderof their Lord and His Messengers! We made it a stern reckoning, andpunished it with a horrible punishment.
- So it tasted the mischief of itsaction, and the end of its matter was loss.
- Allah has prepared a severepunishment for them. So those possessing understanding fear Allah.Believers, Allah has sent this down for you as a Reminder,
- a Messengerreciting to you the verses, clear verses of Allah, so that he may bringforth those who believe and do good deeds from the darkness into thelight. Whosoever believes in Allah and does good deeds He will admit toGardens underneath which rivers flow where they shall live for ever andever. For those, Allah has made a goodly provision.
- It is Allah who hascreated the seven heavens, and of the earth their like, and the Commanddescends between them so that you know Allah is powerful over all things,and that Allah encompasses everything in knowledge.
English translation of holy Quran by Allah.com - more information
Introduction: English translation in text format generously provided by Allah.com. For details about this translation please check the website Allah.com.
Other contributions: none
File format: plain text ( web pages )
Contents: total 114 surah in 114 pages
Full Quran: Full Quran on single webpage by Allah.com
Type: the translation is idiomatic and only has English text with no Arabic transcript. The text is in black color and an easy to read font which can also be stylized by using your browser stylesheet / accessibility settings
Direct links to surahs of holy Quran