English translation of holy Quran by Allah.com
English translation of holy Quran - surah 60. Tested - Al-Mumtahana of 114
This version of holy Quran has English translation in plain text format by Allah.com. The translation is in single color and each verse on its own paragraph is followed by verse number in brackets.
60. Tested - Al-Mumtahana
In the Name of Allah the Most Merciful, the Most Beneficent
- Believers, do not take My enemy and your enemy for your guides,offering them love when they have disbelieved the truth that has come toyou, who expel the Messenger and yourselves because you believe in Allah,your Lord! If you go out to struggle in My way seeking My pleasure, butsecretly love them, I know well what you conceal and what you reveal;whosoever of you does this will have gone astray from the Right Path.
- Ifthey come upon you, they will be your enemies, and stretch out their handsand tongues to do evil to you. They wish that you would disbelieve.
- Onthe Day of Resurrection neither your blood relatives nor your childrenshall be of benefit to you. Allah will differentiate between you, andAllah sees the things you do.
- You have a good example in Abraham andthose with him. They said to their nation: 'We are quit of you, and thatwhich you worship, other than Allah. We disbelieve you, enmity and hatredhas shown itself between us for ever until you believe in Allah alone.'Except that Abraham said to his father: 'Surely, I shall supplicate to askfor forgiveness for you although I have no power to do anything for youwith Allah.' ' Our Lord, in You we have put our trust; to You we turn, andto You is the arrival,
- Our Lord, do not make us a temptation for theunbelievers and forgive us. Our Lord, You are the Almighty, the Wise.'
- In those there is a good example for whosoever hopes for Allah and theLast Day. Whosoever turns away, indeed, Allah is the Rich and the Praised.
- It may be that Allah establishes love between you and those with whomyou are at enmity. Allah is the Powerful, Allah is the Forgiving and theMost Merciful.
- Allah does not forbid you to be kind and to act justly tothose who have neither made war on your Religion nor expelled you fromyour homes. Allah loves the just.
- But Allah only forbids you to beguided by those who have fought against you in your religion's cause andexpelled you from your homes or have supported others in your expulsion.Whosoever takes them as guides are harmdoers.
- Believers, when believingwomen come to you as emigrants, test them. Allah best knows their belief.If you find them to be believers do not return them to the unbelievers;they are not permitted to the unbelievers, nor are the unbelieverspermitted to them. But give back to the unbelievers what they have spent,and there is no fault in you to marry such women, provided you give themtheir dowries. Do not hold on to the ties with unbelieving women, ask whatyou have spent and let them ask what they have spent. Such is theJudgement of Allah; He judges between you; and Allah is the Knower, andthe Wise.
- If any of your wives desert you to be with the unbelieversand you retaliate, give those whose wives who have deserted the equivalentof what they have spent. And fear Allah in whom you believe.
- O Prophet,when believing women come to you and swear loyalty to you upon thecondition that they will not associate anything with Allah, and will notsteal, nor commit adultery, nor slay their children, nor fabricate slanderbetween their hands and their feet, nor disobey you in any honorablething, supplicate to Allah for forgiveness for them, Allah is theForgiving and the Most Merciful.
- Believers, do not take as guides thosewho have incurred the Wrath of Allah and who despair of the EverlastingLife (to come), like the unbelievers despaired of the inhabitants of thetombs (that they shall be resurrected).
English translation of holy Quran by Allah.com - more information
Introduction: English translation in text format generously provided by Allah.com. For details about this translation please check the website Allah.com.
Other contributions: none
File format: plain text ( web pages )
Contents: total 114 surah in 114 pages
Full Quran: Full Quran on single webpage by Allah.com
Type: the translation is idiomatic and only has English text with no Arabic transcript. The text is in black color and an easy to read font which can also be stylized by using your browser stylesheet / accessibility settings
Direct links to surahs of holy Quran