English translation of holy Quran by Allah.com
English translation of holy Quran - surah 59. The Gathering - Al-Hashr of 114
This version of holy Quran has English translation in plain text format by Allah.com. The translation is in single color and each verse on its own paragraph is followed by verse number in brackets.
59. The Gathering - Al-Hashr
In the Name of Allah the Most Merciful, the Most Beneficent
- All that is in heavens and earth exalt Allah. He is the Almighty, theWise.
- It was He who expelled the unbelievers among the People of theBook from their homes into the first exile. You did not think that theywould go out, and they thought their fortresses would protect them fromAllah. But Allah came upon them from where they did not expect, castingterror into their hearts that their homes were destroyed by their ownhands as well as by the hands of the believers. Therefore, take heed youthat have eyes.
- Had it been that Allah had not decreed that they shouldbe dispersed, He would have surely punished them in this world. And in theEverlasting Life the punishment of the Fire awaits them,
- because theybroke their promise with Allah and His Messenger; and whosoever breakstheir promise with Allah - Allah is Stern in retribution.
- Whateverpalm-tree you cut down or left standing upon its roots, it is by thepermission of Allah, so that He might humiliate the impious.
- Andwhatever spoils of war Allah has given to His Messenger from them, youhastened on neither horse nor camel against them, but Allah gives HisMessengers authority over whom He will. Allah is Powerful over all things.
- The spoils of war taken from the villagers and given by Allah to HisMessenger belong to Allah, His Messenger and the near kinsmen, theorphans, the needy and the destitute traveler, so that it is not somethingtaken in turns by the rich among you. Whatever the Messenger gives you,accept it; and whatever he forbids you, abstain. And fear Allah; surely,Allah is Stern in retribution.
- (A share of the spoils shall also begiven) to the poor emigrants who were expelled from their homes and theirpossessions, who seek the Favor and Pleasure of Allah, and help Allah andHis Messenger. These are they that are truthful.
- And those before themwho had made their dwelling in the abode (the City of Madinah), andbecause of their belief love those who have emigrated to them; they do notfind any (envy) in their chests for what they have been given and preferthem above themselves, even though they themselves have a need. Whosoeveris saved from the greed of his own soul, they are the ones who win.
- Those who came after them say: 'Forgive us our Lord, and forgive ourbrothers who were believers before us. Do not put in our hearts any spitetowards those who believe. Lord, You are the Gentle, the Most Merciful.'
- Have you not seen the hypocrites? They say to their brothers among thePeople of the Book who disbelieve, 'If they expel you, we will go withyou. We will never obey anyone against you. If they fight against you wewill certainly help you.' But Allah bears witness that they are, withoutdoubt, liars.
- If they are expelled or fought against, they will not gowith them, nor will they will help them. Indeed, if they helped them, theywould turn their backs and then they would not be helped.
- Their fear ofyou in their hearts is greater than their fear of Allah; that is becausethey are a people who do not understand.
- They will never fight againstyou all together except from fortified villages or from behind walls.Their courage is great among themselves; you think them to be united, yettheir hearts are not united. That is because they are a people who have nosense.
- Just as those who, not long before, tasted the mischief of theiractions, there awaits for them a painful punishment.
- Like satan when hesaid to the human, 'Disbelieve'; then as soon as he disbelieved, he said,'Indeed, I am innocent of you, surely, I fear Allah, the Lord of all theWorlds.'
- Their end shall be that they live for ever in the Fire. Thatis the recompense of the harmdoers.
- Believers, fear Allah. Let everysoul look to what it has forwarded for the future, and fear Allah, forAllah is Aware of the things you do.
- Do not be like those who haveforgotten Allah so that He has caused them to forget their souls. Those,they are the evildoers.
- The inhabitants of the Fire and the inhabitantsof Paradise are not equal. The inhabitants of Paradise shall betriumphant.
- Had We sent down this Koran upon a mountain, you would haveseen it humble itself and split asunder for fear of Allah. Such are theparables we strike for people so that they will reflect.
- He is Allah,there is no god except He. He knows the Unseen and the Visible. He is theMerciful, the Most Merciful.
- He is Allah, there is no god except He. Heis the King, the Pure, the Peace, the Confirmer, the Watchful, theAlmighty, the Compeller, the Sublime. Exalted is Allah, above all thatthey associate!
- He is Allah, the Creator, the Originator, the Shaper.To Him belong the Most Beautiful Names. All that is in the heavens andearth exalt Him. He is the Almighty, the Wise.
English translation of holy Quran by Allah.com - more information
Introduction: English translation in text format generously provided by Allah.com. For details about this translation please check the website Allah.com.
Other contributions: none
File format: plain text ( web pages )
Contents: total 114 surah in 114 pages
Full Quran: Full Quran on single webpage by Allah.com
Type: the translation is idiomatic and only has English text with no Arabic transcript. The text is in black color and an easy to read font which can also be stylized by using your browser stylesheet / accessibility settings
Direct links to surahs of holy Quran