English translation of holy Quran by Allah.com
English translation of holy Quran - surah 58. The Reasoning - Al-Mujadala of 114
This version of holy Quran has English translation in plain text format by Allah.com. The translation is in single color and each verse on its own paragraph is followed by verse number in brackets.
58. The Reasoning - Al-Mujadala
In the Name of Allah the Most Merciful, the Most Beneficent
- Allah has heard the words of her that reasons with you (ProphetMuhammad) concerning her husband and made her complaint to Allah. Allahhas heard both of you discussing with one another. Indeed, Allah is theHearer, the Seer.
- Those of you who say to their wives, 'Be as mymother's back,' indeed, they are not their mothers. Their mothers are onlythose who gave birth to them. Indeed they speak dishonorably and falsely.But Allah is the Pardoning, the Forgiving.
- Those who say to their wives,'Be as my mother's back,' then retract their words thereafter shall set aperson free before they touch each other again. By that you areadmonished. Allah is Aware of all that you do.
- He who is unable shallfast for two successive months before they touch one another. If he isunable to do this, let him feed sixty needy people - that, so that youbelieve in Allah and His Messenger. Such are the bounds of Allah. There isa painful punishment awaiting the unbelievers.
- Those who oppose Allahand His Messenger shall be frustrated just as those before them werefrustrated. We have sent down proofs and clear verses, and for theunbelievers, there is a humiliating punishment.
- On the Day when Allahwill raise them up all together He will inform them of what they did.Allah has taken count of it, although they have forgotten. Allah isWitness to all things.
- Have you not seen that Allah knows that which isin the heavens and the earth? There is no secret talk between three but Heis the fourth of them; nor between five but He is the sixth of them; norbetween fewer or more but He is with them wherever they are. Then, on theDay of Resurrection, He will inform them of what they have done. Surely,Allah has knowledge of all things.
- Have you not seen those who wereforbidden to talk in secrecy together? They return to that which they areforbidden and talk secretly together in sin and hatred, and indisobedience to the Messenger. Then, when they come to you they greet youwith greetings with which Allah does not greet you, and they say withinthemselves: 'Why does Allah not punish us for what we say?' Gehenna (Hell)suffices them, they shall be roasted, an evil arrival!
- Believers, whenyou talk in secret do not talk together in sin and hatred, anddisobedience towards the Messenger, but talk of piety and caution. FearAllah before whom you shall be gathered.
- Talking together maliciouslyin secret is from satan, so that believers should sorrow, yet he can notharm them at all, except by the permission of Allah. In Allah let thebelievers put their trust.
- Believers, make room in your sitting placeswhen it is asked of you, and Allah will make room for you. When you areasked to move, so move, and Allah will raise up in ranks those whobelieved among you and those who have been given knowledge. Allah is Awareof what you do.
- Believers, when you consult with the Messenger, presentbefore your consultation a free will offering. That is best and purest foryou. But if you lack the means, Allah is the Forgiver and the MostMerciful.
- Are you afraid to offer a freewill offering before yourconsultation? But if you do not, Allah will turn to you again, thenestablish the prayer and pay the obligatory charity, and be obedient toAllah and His Messenger. Allah is Aware of what you do.
- Do you seethose who have been guided by a nation that incurred the Wrath of Allah?They belong neither to you, nor to them, and knowingly they swear to lies.
- Allah has prepared for them a grievous punishment. Evil indeed is thatwhich they have done.
- They have taken their oaths as a disguise and barfrom the Way of Allah, so a humiliating punishment awaits them.
- Neithertheir wealth nor their children shall help them a thing against Allah.They are the inhabitants of the Fire, and there they shall live for ever.
- On the Day when Allah shall raise them all up, they will swear to Himas they now swear to you thinking that they are upon something. Indeed,they are the liars!
- satan has mastered them and caused them to forgetthe Remembrance of Allah. Those are satan's party; and satan's party shallassuredly be the losers.
- Those who oppose Allah and His Messenger shallbe among the humiliated.
- Allah has written: 'I will surely be theVictor, I and My Messengers.' Surely, Allah is the Strong, the Almighty.
- You shall find no nation believing in Allah and the Last Day lovinganyone that opposes Allah and His Messenger, even though they be theirfathers, their sons, their brothers, or their tribe. Those, He has writtenupon their hearts faith and strengthened them with a spirit from Him. Hewill admit them to the Gardens underneath which rivers flow, where theyshall live for ever. Allah is pleased with them and they are pleased withHim. They are the Party of Allah; and the Party of Allah are the winners.
English translation of holy Quran by Allah.com - more information
Introduction: English translation in text format generously provided by Allah.com. For details about this translation please check the website Allah.com.
Other contributions: none
File format: plain text ( web pages )
Contents: total 114 surah in 114 pages
Full Quran: Full Quran on single webpage by Allah.com
Type: the translation is idiomatic and only has English text with no Arabic transcript. The text is in black color and an easy to read font which can also be stylized by using your browser stylesheet / accessibility settings
Direct links to surahs of holy Quran