English translation of holy Quran by Allah.com
English translation of holy Quran - surah 57. The Iron - Al-Hadeed of 114
This version of holy Quran has English translation in plain text format by Allah.com. The translation is in single color and each verse on its own paragraph is followed by verse number in brackets.
57. The Iron - Al-Hadeed
In the Name of Allah the Most Merciful, the Most Beneficent
- All that is in the heavens and earth exalt Allah. He is the Almighty,the Wise.
- To Him belongs the Kingdom in the heavens and earth. It is Hewho revives and causes to die, and He has power over all things.
- He isthe First and the Last, the Clear and the Hidden. He has knowledge of allthings.
- He created the heavens and the earth in six days, and willed tothe Throne. He knows what penetrates the earth and all that emerges fromit; all that descends from heaven and all that ascends to it. He is withyou wherever you are. Allah sees the things you do.
- To Him belongs theKingdom of the heavens and the earth. To Him all matters shall return.
- He causes the night to enter into the day and the day to enter into thenight. He has knowledge of the thoughts of the innermost of the chests.
- Believe in Allah and His Messenger and spend (in charity) of that which Hehas made you successors. Whosoever of you believes and spends shall have amighty wage.
- Why is it that you do not believe in Allah, when theMessenger calls on you to believe in your Lord, and He has made a covenantwith you if you are believers?
- It is He who sends down clear verses toHis worshiper, so that He brings you out of the darkness into the light.Indeed, Allah is the Gentle, the Most Merciful to you.
- And why is itthat you do not spend in the Way of Allah, when the inheritance of theheavens and earth belong to Allah alone? Those who spent before thevictory and took part in the fighting are mightier in rank and are notequal to those who spent and fought thereafter. Yet, Allah has promisedeach a fine reward, and Allah is Aware of what you do.
- Who will lend agenerous loan to Allah? He will multiply it for him and he shall receive agenerous wage.
- The Day (will surely come) when you shall see believingmen and women with their light running before them on their right hands,(it will be said to them): 'Glad tidings for you this Day. You shall livefor ever in Gardens underneath which rivers flow! That is indeed themighty triumph.
- On that Day the hypocrites, both men and women, willsay to the believers: 'Wait for us so that we can take from your light.'But they will be answered: 'Go back and seek a light!' And a wall with adoor shall be between them. Inside it there is mercy, and outside will bethe punishment.
- They will call out to them, saying: 'Were we not withyou?' 'Yes,' they will reply, 'but you tempted yourselves, you waited (forproblems to befall the believers), and you doubted, and were deluded byyour own fancies until the Command of Allah came, and the deluder (satan)deluded you concerning Allah.
- Today no ransom shall be accepted fromyou or from the unbelievers. Your shelter is the Fire, that is yoursponsor, the worst arrival!'
- Is it not time that the hearts of thebelievers be humbled to the Remembrance of Allah and the truth which Hehas sent down? They should not be like those who were given the Bookbefore this, whose time became very long so that their hearts becamehardened. Many of them were impious.
- Know that Allah revives the earthafter it was dead. We have made plain to you the signs in order that youunderstand.
- Indeed, those who give in charity, be they men or women,and those who lend a good loan to Allah, shall be repaid in multiples.They shall receive a generous wage.
- Those who believe in Allah and HisMessengers are the sincere and the martyrs before their Lord, they shallhave their reward and their light. But those that disbelieve and beliedOur verses are the inhabitants of Gehenna (Hell).
- Know that the life ofthis world is but play and an amusement, and adornment, and a cause forboasting among you, a rivalry for greater riches and children. It is likerain whose vegetation pleases the unbelievers, but then it withers andturns yellow, becoming broken stubble. In the Everlasting Life is aterrible punishment, forgiveness, and great pleasure from Allah. The lifeof this world is nothing except the joy of delusion.
- Therefore, racefor forgiveness from your Lord, and for a Garden as wide as heaven andearth, prepared for those who believe in Allah and His Messengers. Such isthe Favor of Allah; He gives it to whom He will. Allah is the Owner ofgreat favor.
- No affliction can befall either the earth, or yourself,except that it is (written) in a Book before We created it. That is easyfor Allah;
- so that you will not be saddened for whatever does not cometo you, nor be overjoyed in what has come to you. Allah does not lovethose who are proud and boastful
- nor those who are mean, and encourageothers to be mean. And he that turns away, (know) that Allah is Rich andPraised.
- We have sent Our Messengers with proofs, and sent them withthe Book and the Scales, so that people might establish the Scale (ofjustice). We have sent down iron in which there is great might and diversebenefit for people, so that Allah knows those who help Him and HisMessengers in the Unseen. Indeed, Allah is the Strong, the Almighty.
- Wesent forth Noah and Abraham, and appointed the Prophethood and the Book tobe given to their descendants. Some were guided, but many were impious.
- Following them We sent Our (other) Messengers, and We sent following intheir footsteps, (Prophet) Jesus, the son of Mary and gave him the Gospel,and put tenderness and mercy in the hearts of his followers. As formonasticism, they invented it thereby seeking the pleasure of Allah. Wedid not write it for them, and they did not observe it as it should beobserved. We gave to those of them who believed their wage, but many ofthem are impious.
- Believers, fear Allah and believe in His Messenger(Prophet Muhammad), He will give you a double portion of His Mercy and Hewill make for you a light in which to walk, and forgive you; Allah is theForgiver and the Most Merciful.
- So that the People of the Book may knowthat they have no power over any of the favors of Allah; that the favorsare in the Hand of Allah; He gives it to whom He will. The Favor of Allahis the Great.
English translation of holy Quran by Allah.com - more information
Introduction: English translation in text format generously provided by Allah.com. For details about this translation please check the website Allah.com.
Other contributions: none
File format: plain text ( web pages )
Contents: total 114 surah in 114 pages
Full Quran: Full Quran on single webpage by Allah.com
Type: the translation is idiomatic and only has English text with no Arabic transcript. The text is in black color and an easy to read font which can also be stylized by using your browser stylesheet / accessibility settings
Direct links to surahs of holy Quran