English translation of holy Quran by Allah.com
English translation of holy Quran - surah 56. The Event - Al-Waqi'a of 114
This version of holy Quran has English translation in plain text format by Allah.com. The translation is in single color and each verse on its own paragraph is followed by verse number in brackets.
56. The Event - Al-Waqi'a
In the Name of Allah the Most Merciful, the Most Beneficent
- When the Event (the resurrection) comes
- there is no denying itscoming
- (it will) abase (some) and exalt (others).
- When the earth isshaken
- and the mountains fragmented
- becoming scattered dust,
- youshall be divided into three parties,
- Companions of the Right, what arethe Companions of the Right?
- Companions of the Left, what are theCompanions of the Left?
- And the Outstrippers, the Outstrippers
- thoseare they brought near (to their Lord)
- in the Gardens of Delight,
- ahost of the ancients
- but only a few from the later generations.
- onlavish couches
- they shall recline, facing each other,
- (and there)shall wait on them immortal youths
- with goblets and ewers, and a cupfrom a spring
- that will neither make the head throb, nor intoxicate,
- with fruits of their own choice
- and any flesh of fowl that they desire.
- And wide-eyed houris
- like hidden pearls,
- a recompense for allthat they did.
- There they shall hear no idle talk, no cause of sin,
- but only the saying: 'Peace, Peace!'
- The Companions of the Right
- (will be) among thornless Lote trees.
- Banana-trees, piled
- andcontinuous shade,
- and flowing water
- and an abundance of fruits,
- unfailing and not forbidden.
- And couches raised up.
- Indeed We formedthem (the houris and all believing women),
- and made them virgins,
- chaste, loving companions of the same age
- for the Companions of theRight -
- a multitude of the ancients,
- and a multitude of the laterpeople.
- As for the Companions of the Left
- (they shall live) amidburning winds and boiling water,
- in the shadow of a smoking blaze,
- neither cool nor good.
- Before they lived at ease,
- and persisted inthe great sin
- and constantly said: 'What, when we are dead and becomedust and bones, shall we then be restored to life?
- What, and ourfathers, the ancients?'
- Say: 'Those of ancient times and those of latertimes
- shall be gathered together to the appointed time on a known Day.'
- Then you went astray, you that belied,
- you shall eat (the fruit) ofthe Tree of Zakkum.
- You shall fill your bellies with it,
- and drinkboiling water on top of that,
- and you will drink as the lapping ofthirsty camels.
- Such shall be your hospitality on the Day ofRecompense.
- We created you, why will you not believe!
- Have youthought about what (sperm) you ejaculate?
- Did you create it, or are Wethe Creator?
- It was We who decreed death among you. We will not besurpassed
- that We will change you and cause you to grow again in a wayyou do not know.
- You have surely known of the first creation. Why then,will you not remember!
- Ponder upon the soil you till,
- is it you thatsow it, or are We the Sower?
- If We will, We would make it brokenstubble and you would remain wondering,
- (Saying:) 'We are laden withdebts!
- Rather, we have been prevented!'
- Have you thought about thewater you drink?
- Is it you that send it down from the clouds or We?
- If We will, We would make it bitter, why then do you not give thanks?
- Have you thought about the fire you kindle?
- Is it you that originatedits tree, or are We the Originator?
- We have made it a reminder, and ablessing to the traveler.
- Then, exalt the Name of your Lord, the Great.
- I swear by the fallings of the stars -
- and that is a mighty oath, ifyou but knew -
- it is indeed a Glorious Koran,
- in a Book protected(from tampering)
- which none shall touch except the purified;
- asending down from the Lord of all the Worlds.
- What, do you hold thisdiscourse in disdain,
- do you make it your provision to belie it?
- Why, then, when the soul leaps up to the throat of the dying
- and youare watching at that time
- We are nearer to him than you, but you do notsee
- why then, if you are not revived,
- do you not restore his soul,if you are truthful?
- If he is among the near
- there shall be calmnessand ease, a Garden of Delight.
- If he is a Companion of the Right
- (hewill be greeted with): 'Peace be upon you, Companion of the Right!'
- But, if he is of those who belied, and went astray,
- there shall be ahospitality of boiling water,
- and a roasting in Hell.
- Indeed, thisis the certain truth.
- So exalt the Name of your Lord, the Great.
English translation of holy Quran by Allah.com - more information
Introduction: English translation in text format generously provided by Allah.com. For details about this translation please check the website Allah.com.
Other contributions: none
File format: plain text ( web pages )
Contents: total 114 surah in 114 pages
Full Quran: Full Quran on single webpage by Allah.com
Type: the translation is idiomatic and only has English text with no Arabic transcript. The text is in black color and an easy to read font which can also be stylized by using your browser stylesheet / accessibility settings
Direct links to surahs of holy Quran