English translation of holy Quran by Allah.com
English translation of holy Quran - surah 54. The Moon - Al Qamar of 114
This version of holy Quran has English translation in plain text format by Allah.com. The translation is in single color and each verse on its own paragraph is followed by verse number in brackets.
54. The Moon - Al Qamar
In the Name of Allah the Most Merciful, the Most Beneficent
- The Hour is drawing near, and the moon is split (in two).
- Yet ifthey see a sign (the unbelievers) turn their backs and say: 'This is but acontinuation of sorcery!'
- They have belied, and follow their ownfancies. But, every issue will be settled!
- Tidings containing adeterrent have come to them
- which are full of wisdom; but the warningsdo not help.
- Therefore, turn away from them. On the Day when the Callersummons them to a terrible thing,
- their eyes will be humbled as theycome out from their graves as if they were scattered locusts,
- running(with their necks extended) to the Caller. The unbelievers will say: 'Thisis indeed a harsh Day!'
- (Long) before them the nation of Noah belied.They belied Our worshiper saying: 'Mad!' and he was reprimanded.
- Thenhe supplicated to his Lord, (saying): 'I am overcome, help me!'
- Weopened the Gates of Heaven with torrential water
- and caused the earthto gush with springs, so that the waters met for a predestined matter.
- We carried him in a well built, watertight vessel made from planks (ofwood)
- that ran on under Our Eyes, a recompense for him because he hadbeen disbelieved.
- We have left it as a sign. Is there any that willremember?
- How then were My punishment and My warnings!
- We have madethe Koran easy to remember, is there any that will remember!
- Aad toobelied. How then were My punishment and My warnings!
- And We sentagainst them a howling wind in a Day of continuous of ill fortune
- andsnatched people up as though they were stumps of uprooted palm-trees.
- How then were My punishment and My warnings!
- We have made the Koraneasy to remember, is there any that will remember?
- Thamood, too, beliedOur warnings.
- They said: 'Are we to follow a mortal who is one of us?Then indeed, we would surely be in error and insane.
- Out of all of ushas the Reminder been given to him alone? Rather, he is indeed an arrogantliar.'
- (To him We said): 'Tomorrow they shall know who is the arrogantliar.
- We are sending to them as a trial, a she-camel, so watch them andhave patience.
- Tell them that the water is to be divided between them,a drink each for them in turn.'
- But they called their companion whotook hold of her and hamstrung her.
- How then were My punishment and Mywarnings!
- Then We sent against them one Shout and they became like thetrampled twigs of the (sheep) pen-builder.
- We have made the Koran aneasy Remembrance, is there any that will remember!
- The nation of Lotbelied Our warnings.
- We let loose on all of them a squall ofclay-stones, except for the house of Lot whom We saved at dawn
- throughOur Mercy. So it is that We recompense the thankful.
- He had warned themof Our assault but they disputed the warnings.
- They even solicited ofhim his guests, but We obliterated their eyes: 'Now, taste My punishmentand My warnings!'
- And at daybreak a determined punishment came uponthem.
- 'Now, taste My punishment and My warnings!'
- We have made theKoran an easy Remembrance, is there any that will remember!
- Thewarnings also came to Pharaoh's people,
- but they belied all Our signsso We seized them with the seizing of the Mighty, Powerful.
- What then,are your unbelievers better than those? Or do you have an immunity(written) in the Scrolls?
- Or do they say: 'We are a gathering that willbe victorious?'
- Most certainly their gatherings shall be routed, andthey will turn their backs.
- Rather, the Hour is their encounter. Andthat Hour will be most calamitous and bitter.
- Indeed the wrongdoers arein error and a raging fire.
- On the Day when they are dragged on theirfaces into the Fire, (it will be said to them): 'Taste the touch of theScorching!'
- Indeed, We have created all things according to a measure.
- And Our Order is but one word like the flashing of an eye.
- And Wedestroyed those like you, is there any that will remember!
- All theirdeeds are in the Scrolls,
- everything, be it great or small, isrecorded.
- Indeed, the cautious shall live amid gardens and a river,
- in a secure abode, in the presence of the Powerful King.
English translation of holy Quran by Allah.com - more information
Introduction: English translation in text format generously provided by Allah.com. For details about this translation please check the website Allah.com.
Other contributions: none
File format: plain text ( web pages )
Contents: total 114 surah in 114 pages
Full Quran: Full Quran on single webpage by Allah.com
Type: the translation is idiomatic and only has English text with no Arabic transcript. The text is in black color and an easy to read font which can also be stylized by using your browser stylesheet / accessibility settings
Direct links to surahs of holy Quran