English translation of holy Quran by Allah.com
English translation of holy Quran - surah 53. The Star - An-Najm of 114
This version of holy Quran has English translation in plain text format by Allah.com. The translation is in single color and each verse on its own paragraph is followed by verse number in brackets.
53. The Star - An-Najm
In the Name of Allah the Most Merciful, the Most Beneficent
- By the star when it plunges,
- your companion is neither astray,neither errs,
- nor does he speak out of desire.
- Indeed it is not excepta Revelation which is revealed,
- taught by One who is Stern in power.
- Of might, he (Gabriel) stood firm
- while he was in the highest horizon;
- then he drew near, and became close
- he was but two bows' length or evennearer,
- so (Allah) revealed to His worshiper (Gabriel) that which herevealed (to Prophet Muhammad).
- His heart did not lie of what he saw.
- What, will you dispute with him about what he sees!
- Indeed, he sawhim in another descent
- at the Lote Tree (Sidrat tree) of the ending
- close to the Garden of Refuge.
- When there comes to the Lote Tree, thatwhich comes
- his eyes did not swerve, nor did they stray
- for indeedhe saw one of the greatest signs of his Lord.
- (Among the idols) haveyou considered al-lat and al-'uzza,
- and, another, the third manat?
- What, have you males, and He females!
- That is indeed an unjustdivision.
- They are but names, named by you and your fathers. Allah hasnot sent down any authority for them. They follow conjecture and theirsoul's desire, even though the guidance of their Lord has come to them.
- Is the human to have whatever he fancies?
- To Allah belongs the Eternallife and the first life.
- How many an angel is there in the heavenswhose intercession shall not benefit until Allah gives permission to whomHe will and is pleased.
- Those who disbelieve in the Everlasting Lifecall the angels by female names.
- Yet of this they have no knowledge,they follow mere conjecture, and conjecture does not help against truth.
- So turn from those who turn away from Our Remembrance and only desirethis present life.
- That is all they have of knowledge. Your Lord knowsbest who has strayed from His Path, and those who are guided.
- To Allahbelongs whatsoever is in the heavens and whatsoever is in the earth. Hewill recompense the evildoers according to their deeds, and recompensethose who have done good with the finest reward
- those who avoid themajor sin and indecencies except the small sins, indeed your Lord is ofimmense forgiveness and He is more knowledgeable of you when He createdyou from the earth and when you were still unborn in your mothers' wombs.Do not praise yourself. Allah knows the cautious.
- Have you consideredhe who turns his back,
- and gives a little, grudgingly?
- Or, does hepossess knowledge of the Unseen, and can therefore see?
- Or, has he notbeen told of that which is in the Scrolls of Moses
- and Abraham, whopaid his debt in full?
- That no soul shall bear another's burden,
- andthat everyone shall have in his account only that which he worked for,
- and that his work is surely seen
- then, he shall be recompensed for itin full repayment
- and that the final return is to your Lord,
- that itis He who causes to laugh and causes to weep.
- and that it is He whocauses to die, and causes to live
- and that it is He who created pairs,the male and the female,
- from an ejaculated drop (of sperm),
- andthat upon Him is the second creation
- and that it is He who gives richesand causes to hoard,
- and that He is the Lord of (the star) Sirius,
- that it was He that destroyed ancient Aad
- and Thamood, sparing no one,
- and before them the nation of Noah, they exceeded in evil and wereinsolent.
- He plunged the villages
- so that there came upon them thatwhich came.
- So which then of your Lord's favors do you dispute?
- Thisis a warner from the warners of ancient times.
- The Imminent is near athand;
- none except Allah can disclose it.
- Do you marvel then at thisdiscourse (the Koran)?
- Or do you laugh, and do you not weep
- whileyou are thoughtless?
- Rather, prostrate to Allah and worship Him.
English translation of holy Quran by Allah.com - more information
Introduction: English translation in text format generously provided by Allah.com. For details about this translation please check the website Allah.com.
Other contributions: none
File format: plain text ( web pages )
Contents: total 114 surah in 114 pages
Full Quran: Full Quran on single webpage by Allah.com
Type: the translation is idiomatic and only has English text with no Arabic transcript. The text is in black color and an easy to read font which can also be stylized by using your browser stylesheet / accessibility settings
Direct links to surahs of holy Quran