English translation of holy Quran by Allah.com
English translation of holy Quran - surah 52. The Mount - At-Tur of 114
This version of holy Quran has English translation in plain text format by Allah.com. The translation is in single color and each verse on its own paragraph is followed by verse number in brackets.
52. The Mount - At-Tur
In the Name of Allah the Most Merciful, the Most Beneficent
- By the Mount
- and by the Book in lines
- in an exposed parchment
- by the Visited House,
- and the uplifted roof
- and the sea that is full
- surely, the punishment of your Lord is about to come,
- there is none toprevent it.
- Upon the Day when the heaven spins dizzily
- and themountains move, moving.
- On that Day woe to those who belied -
- thosewho are in plunging, playing.
- On that Day when they shall be pitchedinto the Fire of Gehenna (Hell),
- (it will be said to them): 'This isthe Fire which you belied!
- Is this magic, or is it that you do you notsee?
- Roast in it, bear it with or without patience, it is the same, youare only being recompensed for that which you used to do.'
- But in theGardens the righteous shall live in bliss,
- rejoicing in all their Lordhas given them, and their Lord will guard them against the punishment ofHell.
- (It will be said): 'Eat and drink with a good appetite because ofthat which you did.'
- (They shall be) reclining on couches ranged inrows and We shall wed them to houris (virgins of Paradise) with large wideeyes.
- Those who believe, and whose descendants follow in belief, Wewill join their descendants to them. And We will not reduce them ofanything of their deeds. Every one is pledged for what he has earned.
- We shall give them fruits and meat as they desire.
- There they will passa goblet to one another with neither idle talk nor sin,
- and youths, oftheir own, shall pass among them as if they were hidden pearls.
- Theywill go to one another asking each other questions:
- 'When we were amongour people,' they will say, 'we were ever fearful,
- but Allah has beengracious to us and has protected us from the punishment of the burningwind.
- Before, we were supplicating to Him. He is the Giving, the MostMerciful.'
- Therefore, remind. By the Favor of Allah, you are neither asoothsayer, nor mad.
- Or do they say: 'He is a poet, we are waiting forsome misfortune to befall him?'
- Say: 'Wait if you will; I shall bewaiting with you.'
- Or, do their intellects order them to do this? Or,are they an insolent people?
- Do they say: 'He has invented it?' No,they do not believe.
- Let them produce a phrase like it, if what theysay is true!
- Or, were they created out of nothing? Or, were they theirown creators?
- Or, did they create the heavens and the earth? No, theirbelief is not certain!
- Or, are the treasures of your Lord in theirkeeping? Or, are they the controllers?
- Or, do they have a ladder onwhich they listen? Then let any of them that has listened bring a clearauthority.
- Or, has He daughters, and they sons?
- Or, do you ask themfor a wage, so that they become weighed down in debt?
- Or, is the Unseenin their keeping, so they are writing it down?
- Or, do they desire tooutwit? The unbelievers are the outwitted.
- Or, do they have a god,other than Allah? Exaltations to Allah above that which they associate!
- Even if they saw lumps falling from the sky they would say: 'A massedcloud!'
- So leave them till they encounter their Day in which they shallbe thunderstruck.
- The Day when their guile shall not relieve them athing, and they shall not be helped.
- For the harmdoers there is indeed,a punishment before that, but most of them do not know.
- And be patientunder the Judgement of your Lord, surely, you are before Our Eyes. Andexalt with the praise of your Lord when you arise,
- and exalt Him in thenight and at the declining of the stars.
English translation of holy Quran by Allah.com - more information
Introduction: English translation in text format generously provided by Allah.com. For details about this translation please check the website Allah.com.
Other contributions: none
File format: plain text ( web pages )
Contents: total 114 surah in 114 pages
Full Quran: Full Quran on single webpage by Allah.com
Type: the translation is idiomatic and only has English text with no Arabic transcript. The text is in black color and an easy to read font which can also be stylized by using your browser stylesheet / accessibility settings
Direct links to surahs of holy Quran