English translation of holy Quran by Allah.com
English translation of holy Quran - surah 49. The Apartments - Al-Hujurat of 114
This version of holy Quran has English translation in plain text format by Allah.com. The translation is in single color and each verse on its own paragraph is followed by verse number in brackets.
49. The Apartments - Al-Hujurat
In the Name of Allah the Most Merciful, the Most Beneficent
- Believers do not advance before Allah and His Messenger. Fear Allah.Allah is the Hearer, the Knower.
- Believers, do not raise your voicesabove the voice of the Prophet, nor speak loudly to him as you do to oneanother lest your works should be annulled without your knowledge.
- Thosewho lower their voice in the presence of the Messenger of Allah are thosewhose hearts Allah has tested for warding off (evil). They shall receiveforgiveness and a great wage.
- Whereas those who call out to you frombehind the apartments, most of them lack understanding.
- If they hadpatience until you went out to them, it would have been better for them.But Allah is the Forgiving and the Most Merciful.
- Believers, if anevildoer brings you a piece of news, inquire first, in case you shouldunwittingly wrong others and then repent of what you have done.
- Knowthat the Messenger of Allah is among you. If he were to obey you in manymatters, you would surely suffer. But Allah has endeared the Belief to youand beautified it in your hearts, and has made detestable to youdisbelief, wrongdoing, and disobedience. Such are those who are righteous
- by the Favor and Blessing of Allah. Allah is the Knower and the Wise.
- If two parties of believers fight, reform between them. If either of themis insolent against the other, fight the insolent one till they revert tothe order of Allah. If they revert, reform between them with justice, andweigh with justice. Allah loves those who weigh with justice.
- Believersare indeed brothers, therefore make things right among your two brothersand fear Allah, so that you will be subject to mercy.
- Believers, do notlet people mock other people who may be better than themselves. Do not letwomen mock women, who may be better than themselves. Do not find faultwith one another, nor abuse one another with nicknames. An evil name isdisobedience after belief. Those who do not repent are the harmdoers.
- Believers, abstain from most suspicion, some suspicion is a sin. Neitherspy nor backbite one another - would any of you like to eat the flesh ofhis dead brother? Surely, you would loathe it. Fear Allah, without doubtAllah turns (in mercy) and He is the Merciful.
- People, We have createdyou from a male and a female, and made you into nations and tribes thatyou might know one another. The noblest of you before Allah is the mostrighteous of you. Allah is the Knower, the Aware.
- The Arabs declare:'We believe.' Say: 'You do not', rather, say: 'we submit,' because beliefhas not yet found its way into your hearts. If you obey Allah and HisMessenger, He will not reduce a thing from of your deeds. Allah is theForgiving and the Most Merciful.
- The believers are those who believe inAllah and His Messenger and have not doubted, and who struggled in His Waywith their possessions and themselves. Such are those who are truthful.
- Say: 'Would you teach Allah what your religion is, when Allah knows allthat is in the heavens and the earth?' Allah has knowledge of all things.
- They regard it as a favor to you that they have submitted! Say: 'Do notregard your submission as a favor to me, rather, it is Allah who bestowsupon you a favor by guiding you to belief, if you are truthful.'
- Indeed, Allah knows the Unseen of the heavens and the earth, and Allah isthe Seer of what you do.'
English translation of holy Quran by Allah.com - more information
Introduction: English translation in text format generously provided by Allah.com. For details about this translation please check the website Allah.com.
Other contributions: none
File format: plain text ( web pages )
Contents: total 114 surah in 114 pages
Full Quran: Full Quran on single webpage by Allah.com
Type: the translation is idiomatic and only has English text with no Arabic transcript. The text is in black color and an easy to read font which can also be stylized by using your browser stylesheet / accessibility settings
Direct links to surahs of holy Quran