English translation of holy Quran by Allah.com
English translation of holy Quran - surah 48. The Opening - Alfat-h of 114
This version of holy Quran has English translation in plain text format by Allah.com. The translation is in single color and each verse on its own paragraph is followed by verse number in brackets.
48. The Opening - Alfat-h
In the Name of Allah the Most Merciful, the Most Beneficent
- Indeed, We have opened for you (Prophet Muhammad) a clear opening,
- that Allah forgives your past and future sins, and completes His Favor toyou, and guides you on a Straight Path,
- and that Allah helps you with amighty help.
- It was He who sent down tranquility into the hearts of thebelievers so that they might add belief upon belief. To Allah belong thearmies of the heavens and the earth. Allah is the Knower, the Wise.
- (From His Wisdom) He admits the believers, both men and women, intoGardens underneath which rivers flow, there to live for ever, and acquitthem of their sins - that with Allah is a mighty triumph -
- and that Hemight punish the hypocrites and the idolaters, both men and women, andthose who think evil thoughts of Allah. An evil turn (of fortune) willbefall them. The Wrath of Allah is on them, and He has cursed them andprepared for them Gehenna (Hell), an evil arrival!
- To Allah belong thearmies of the heavens and the earth. Allah is the Almighty and the Wise.
- We have sent you (Prophet Muhammad) as a witness and as a bearer of gladtidings and warning,
- so that you believe in Allah and His Messenger andthat you support him, revere him (Prophet Muhammad), and exalt Him(Allah), at the dawn and in the evening.
- Those who swear allegiance toyou swear allegiance to Allah. The Hand of Allah is above their hands. Hewho breaks his oath breaks it against his self, but for he that keeps hiscovenant made with Allah, Allah shall give him a mighty wage.
- TheBedouins who lagged behind will say to you: 'We were occupied with ourpossessions and families, so ask Allah to forgive us.' But they say withtheir tongues what they do not mean in their hearts. Say: 'Who can helpyou against Allah if it is that He wills harm for you or desires benefitfor you? Allah is Aware of what you do.'
- No, you thought that theMessenger and the believers would never return to their families, and thiswas made to seem fair in your hearts so you harbored evil thoughts, and soyou are a destroyed nation.
- But whosoever disbelieves in Allah and HisMessenger; We have prepared a Blazing Fire for the unbelievers.
- ToAllah belongs the Kingdom of the heavens and the earth. He forgives whomHe will and punishes whom He will. Allah is Forgiving and Merciful.
- When you set forth to take the spoils, those Bedouins who lagged behindwill say: 'Let us follow you.' They hope to change the Words of Allah.Say: 'You shall not follow us. Allah has said so before.' They will reply:'No, you are envious of us.' Rather, they have only understood a little!
- Say to the Arabs who lagged behind: 'You shall be called upon to fighta mighty nation, unless they embrace Islam. If you are obedient you shallreceive a good wage from Allah. But, if you turn away, as you turned yourbacks before, He will punish you with a painful punishment.'
- There isno fault in the blind, or the lame, or the sick. He who obeys Allah andHis Messenger He shall admit him to Gardens underneath which rivers flow;but he who turns away shall be punished with a painful punishment.
- Allah was pleased with the believers when they swore allegiance to youunder the tree and He knew what was in their hearts. Therefore, He sentdown tranquility upon them and rewarded them with a victory close by
- and they took many spoils, and Allah is the Almighty, and the Wise.
- Allah has promised that you take many spoils. He has hastened this to you,and restrained the hands of people from you so that He makes it a sign tothe believers and to guide you on a Straight Path.
- And there were(other spoils) which you were unable to take. Allah has encompassed italready, Allah is powerful over all things.
- If the unbelievers hadfought you they would have been put to flight, and found none to protector help them.
- Such is the way of Allah in days gone by, and you shallfind no change in the ways of Allah.
- It was He who restrained theirhands from you and your hands from them in the hollow (Hudaibiah) of Meccaafter He had given you victory over them. Allah sees the things you do.
- They are those who disbelieved and barred you from the Holy Mosque - andthe offering detained so as not to reach its place of sacrifice - if ithad not been for certain believing men and certain believing women whomyou did not know, you might have trampled upon them, and so sin reachedyou because of (killing) them while you did not know. In order that Allahadmits into His Mercy whom He will, had they (the believers) been easy todistinguish, We would have punished the unbelievers among them with apainful punishment.
- And when the unbelievers established in theirhearts fierce bigotry, the fierce bigotry of ignorance, Allah sent downHis tranquility on His Messenger and the believers and firmly fastened tothem the Word of 'taqwa' (there is no god except Allah, and Muhammad isHis Messenger, as it is the cause of righteousness) to which they havebetter right and are worthy of it. Allah has knowledge of all things.
- Indeed, Allah, in truth, has realized His Messenger's vision. You shallenter the Sacred Mosque in security if Allah wills, with hair shaven orcut short and without fear. He knew what you did not know, and granted youa near victory.
- It is He who has sent His Messenger with guidance andthe religion of truth, so that He exalts it above all other religions.Allah is the Sufficient Witness.
- Muhammad is the Messenger of Allah.Those who are with him are harsh against the unbelievers but merciful toone another. You see them bow and prostrate themselves seeking the bountyand pleasure of Allah. Their mark is on their faces from the trace ofprostration. That is their likeness in the Torah and their likeness in theGospel, as the seed which puts forth its shoot and strengthens it, so thatit grows stout and rises straight upon its stalk, delighting the sowers,and through them He enrages the unbelievers. Allah has promised those ofthem who believe and do good deeds, forgiveness and a great wage.
English translation of holy Quran by Allah.com - more information
Introduction: English translation in text format generously provided by Allah.com. For details about this translation please check the website Allah.com.
Other contributions: none
File format: plain text ( web pages )
Contents: total 114 surah in 114 pages
Full Quran: Full Quran on single webpage by Allah.com
Type: the translation is idiomatic and only has English text with no Arabic transcript. The text is in black color and an easy to read font which can also be stylized by using your browser stylesheet / accessibility settings
Direct links to surahs of holy Quran