English translation of holy Quran by Allah.com
English translation of holy Quran - surah 47. Prophet Muhammad - Muhammad of 114
This version of holy Quran has English translation in plain text format by Allah.com. The translation is in single color and each verse on its own paragraph is followed by verse number in brackets.
47. Prophet Muhammad - Muhammad
In the Name of Allah the Most Merciful, the Most Beneficent
- Those who disbelieve and bar from the way of Allah, Allah will causetheir deeds go astray.
- As for the believers who do good works andbelieve in what is sent down to Muhammad - which is the truth from theirLord - He will acquit them of their sins and repair their condition.
- This is because the unbelievers follow falsehood while the believersfollow the truth from their Lord. As such Allah sets forth for peopletheir examples.
- Therefore, when you meet the unbelievers smite theirnecks, then, when you have killed many of them, tie the bonds. Then,either free them by grace or ransom until war shall lay down its loads, inthis way, it shall be. Had Allah willed, He would have been victoriousover them; except that He might test you, the one by the means of others.As for those who are killed in the Way of Allah, He will not let theirworks to go astray.
- He will guide them and repair their condition;
- andHe will admit them to the Paradise He has made known to them.
- Believers,if you help Allah, He will help you and strengthen your feet.
- But theunbelievers shall be the destroyed losers. He will bring their deeds tonothing.
- That is because they hated what Allah has sent down, so Heannulled their deeds.
- Have they never journeyed through the land andseen what was the end of those who had gone before them? Allah destroyedthem! Likewise it is for the unbelievers,
- that is because Allah is theGuardian of the believers, and the unbelievers have no guardian.
- Allahwill indeed admit those who believe and do good works into Gardensunderneath which rivers flow. As for the unbelievers, they take their fillof pleasure and eat as the cattle eat, but the Fire shall be theirlodging!
- How many a village mightier than your own village, which hasexpelled you, We have destroyed - there was none to help them!
- Is hewho has clear proof from his Lord to be compared to him whose evil deedsare made to seem fair to him, so that they followed their desires?
- Theexample of the Paradise which the cautious have been promised - in it,there are rivers of unstaling water, and rivers of milk that never changein flavor, and rivers of wine, delectable to the drinkers, and rivers ofpure, filtered honey. They shall have therein of every fruit andforgiveness from their Lord. Are they then like he who shall live in theFire for ever and given boiling water to drink that tears his bowelsapart!
- Some of them listen to you, but no sooner do they leave you theyask those to whom knowledge has been given: 'What did he say just now?'Such are those whom Allah has set a seal upon their hearts and who followtheir own desires.
- As for those who were guided, He increases theirguidance and gives them their protection.
- Are they looking except forthe Hour to overtake them suddenly? Its signs have come. But how will theybe reminded when it has come to them?
- Therefore, know that there is nogod except Allah and ask for forgiveness of your sins and for thebelievers, men and women. Allah knows your going to and fro, and yourlodging.
- The believers ask: 'Has a chapter been sent down?' But when aclear chapter is sent down and fighting is mentioned in it, you see thosein whose hearts is sickness looking towards you as one who swoons atdeath.
- Yet obedience and honorable words (would be better for them).Then, when the matter is decided, if they were true to Allah it would bebetter for them.
- Could it be, that if you turn away, you might makecorruption in the land and break the ties of kinship?
- Such are thosewhom Allah has cursed, making them deaf and blinding their eyes.
- Willthey not then contemplate on the Koran? Or are there locks upon theirhearts!
- As for those who turn back in their footsteps after theguidance of Allah has become clear to them, it was satan who tempted them,and Allah has respited them.
- That is because they say to those averseto what Allah has sent down 'We shall obey you in some of the matters.'Allah knows their secrets.
- How shall it be when the angels (of death)take them and beat them on their face and back?
- That is because theyfollow what angers Allah and hate His pleasure, therefore He has annulledtheir deeds.
- Or, do those who have a disease in their hearts think thatAllah will not reveal their hatred?
- If We willed, We would show them toyou and you would recognize them by their marks. But you will surely knowthem by their twisted speech. Allah knows your deeds.
- Without doubt Weshall test you until We know those who struggle and are patient among you,and make clear your news.
- Those who disbelieve and bar from the Path ofAllah, and break with the Messenger after guidance has been made clear tothem shall not hurt Allah a thing, and He will annul their deeds.
- Believers, obey Allah and His Messenger and never let your labors go invain!
- As for those who disbelieve and bar (others) from the Path ofAllah and then die as unbelievers - Allah will not forgive them.
- Therefore, do not be weakened and call out for peace, you shall be theupper ones, and Allah is with you and will not deprive you of your labors.
- The life of this world is but play and an amusement. If you believe andare cautious, He will give you your wage, and will not ask for yourpossessions.
- If He asked you for them, and presses you, you would bemean and He would expose your anger.
- There you are! You are called uponto spend in the Way of Allah. Some of you are mean; yet whoever is mean ismean only to his own soul. Allah is the Rich and you are the poor. If youturn away, He will replace you with another nation, and they will not belike you.
English translation of holy Quran by Allah.com - more information
Introduction: English translation in text format generously provided by Allah.com. For details about this translation please check the website Allah.com.
Other contributions: none
File format: plain text ( web pages )
Contents: total 114 surah in 114 pages
Full Quran: Full Quran on single webpage by Allah.com
Type: the translation is idiomatic and only has English text with no Arabic transcript. The text is in black color and an easy to read font which can also be stylized by using your browser stylesheet / accessibility settings
Direct links to surahs of holy Quran