English translation of holy Quran by Allah.com
English translation of holy Quran - surah 46. The Valley of Al-Ahqaf - Al-Ahqaf of 114
This version of holy Quran has English translation in plain text format by Allah.com. The translation is in single color and each verse on its own paragraph is followed by verse number in brackets.
46. The Valley of Al-Ahqaf - Al-Ahqaf
In the Name of Allah the Most Merciful, the Most Beneficent
- The sending down of the Book is from Allah, the Almighty,the Wise.
- It was in truth that We created the heavens and the earth, andall that is between them, for an appointed term. Yet the unbelievers donot turn away from that which they were warned.
- Say: 'Have you seenthose whom you call upon, other than Allah? Show me what they have createdfrom the earth! Or, do they have a partnership in the heavens? Bring me aBook before this or some other remnant of knowledge, if what you say istrue.'
- Who is further astray than he who calls upon, other than Allah,those who will never answer him till the Day of Resurrection, who areindeed, heedless of their supplication?
- And, when mankind are gathered,those will become their enemies and disown their worship.
- When Our clearverses are recited to them, the unbelievers say of the truth that came tothem: 'This is clear sorcery.'
- Or, do they say: 'He has forged it?' Say:'If I have forged it, then you have no power to help me against Allah, Heknows what you say. It is sufficient that He is the Witness between me andyou. He is the Forgiving, the Most Merciful.'
- Say: 'I am not aninnovation among the Messengers; nor know what will be done with me oryou. I follow only what is revealed to me; I am only a clear warner.'
- Say: 'Consider, if this (Koran) is from Allah and you disbelieve in it,and a witness from the Children of Israel testifies to its like andbelieves, while you are proud! Indeed, Allah does not guide theharmdoers.'
- The unbelievers say of the believers: 'Had it been any goodthey would not have believed in it before us.' And because they are notguided by it they say: 'This is an ancient falsehood.'
- Yet before itthere was the Book of Moses which was an authority, and a mercy. This(Koran) is the Book confirming it (the other untampered Books) in theArabic tongue, to warn the harmdoers and to give glad tidings to those whodo good.
- Those who say: 'Our Lord is Allah,' and follow the StraightPath shall have nothing to fear nor shall they sorrow.
- Those, theyshall be for ever the inhabitants of Paradise, a recompense for what theydid.
- We have charged the human to be kind to his parents. With muchpain his mother bore him, and with much pain she gave birth to him; hisbearing and weaning are thirty months. When he grows to manhood andattains his fortieth year, he says: 'Make me so disposed My Lord, so thatI give thanks for the favors with which You have blessed me, my father andmother, and that I will do good deeds that will please You. And, make merighteous and also my descendants. To You I repent, and I am among thosewho surrender.'
- Such are those from whom We will accept the best ofwhat they have done and whose evil deeds We shall overlook. Those, theyare among the inhabitants of Paradise; true is the promise that has beenpromised them.
- But he who says to his father and his mother, 'Fie onyou! Do you promise me that I shall be brought forth, when entiregenerations have passed away before me?' Yet they supplicate to Allah forhelp - 'Woe to you! Believe, surely the promise of Allah is true.' Then hesays: 'This is nothing but fairy-tales of the ancients.'
- Such are theyagainst whom the statement is realized concerning the nations of humansand jinn alike that passed away before them; they were the losers.
- Eachshall have their degrees, according to what they have done, so that Hewill recompense them for their works, and they shall not be wronged.
- Upon the Day when the unbelievers are brought before the Fire, (We shallsay to them): 'You squandered your good things in your earthly life andtook your fill of enjoyment in them, therefore today you shall berecompensed with a humiliating punishment, because you were unrightfullyproud in the earth and for that you were debauchers.'
- Remember Aad'sbrother who warned his nation in (the valley of) Al Ahqaf. Warners hadalready preceded and succeeded him saying: 'Worship none except Allah! (hesaid) 'Indeed, I fear for you the punishment of a Dreadful Day.'
- 'Haveyou come to turn us away from our gods (they replied)? If what you say istrue then bring down that which you promise us!'
- 'Allah alone has theknowledge' he said, 'I am sent to deliver to you the Message. But I cansee that you are ignorant people.'
- And when they saw it as a suddencloud heading for their valley they said: 'This is a cloud that will bringus rain!' 'Rather,' (he replied): 'it is that which you have sought tohasten, a wind in which there is a painful punishment.
- It will destroyeverything by the command of its Lord.' And when morning came there wasnothing to be seen except their dwellings. As such We recompense sinfulpeople.
- And We had established them in that which We have notestablished you, and We made for them hearing, sight, and hearts, buttheir hearing, sight, and hearts did not help them a thing, because theydisbelieved the signs of Allah. And what they mocked encompassed them.
- We destroyed the villages around you and We repeated Our signs so thatthey might return.
- Why did not those who they took, other than Allah,as mediating gods help them! Indeed, they went astray from them! Such weretheir lies and what they were forging.
- (Remember) how We sent to you(Prophet Muhammad) a company of jinn who, when they came and listened tothe Koran, said to each other: 'Be silent!' Then, when it was finished,they returned to their nation and warned them.
- 'Our nation,' they said:'we have just been listening to a Book sent down after Moses confirmingwhat came before it and guiding to the truth and to a Straight Path.
- Our nation, answer the Caller of Allah and believe in Him! He (Allah) willforgive you some of your sins and protect you from a painful punishment.
- Those who do not answer the Caller of Allah cannot frustrate Allah inthe earth, nor shall any one protect them other than Him; those are inclear error.'
- Have they not seen that it is Allah who created theheavens and the earth and was not wearied by their creation, and that Heis Able to restore the dead to life? Yes, He has power over all things!
- On the Day when the unbelievers are brought before the Fire they shall beasked: 'Is this not the truth?' 'Yes, by our Lord,' they will answer. Hewill say: 'Then taste the punishment, for you were unbelievers.'
- Bepatient, as the Messengers of might were patient, and do not hasten it forthem. On the Day when they see what they have been promised, it will be asif they did not stay except an hour of a day. (This Koran is) aConveyance! Shall any be destroyed except the nation of evildoers?
English translation of holy Quran by Allah.com - more information
Introduction: English translation in text format generously provided by Allah.com. For details about this translation please check the website Allah.com.
Other contributions: none
File format: plain text ( web pages )
Contents: total 114 surah in 114 pages
Full Quran: Full Quran on single webpage by Allah.com
Type: the translation is idiomatic and only has English text with no Arabic transcript. The text is in black color and an easy to read font which can also be stylized by using your browser stylesheet / accessibility settings
Direct links to surahs of holy Quran