English translation of holy Quran by Allah.com
English translation of holy Quran - surah 44. The Smoke - Ad-Dukhan of 114
This version of holy Quran has English translation in plain text format by Allah.com. The translation is in single color and each verse on its own paragraph is followed by verse number in brackets.
44. The Smoke - Ad-Dukhan
In the Name of Allah the Most Merciful, the Most Beneficent
- By the Clear Book
- that We sent down during a BlessedNight. We are ever warning.
- In it every wise matter is determined
- anorder from Us. We are ever sending.
- A Mercy from your Lord, He is theHearer, the Knower.
- Lord of the heavens and the earth and all that isbetween them, if you are certain (of your faith).
- There is no god exceptHe. He revives and causes to die. (He is) your Lord and the Lord of yourfathers, the ancients.
- Yet they are in doubt, playing.
- Watch for theDay when the heaven will bring clear smoke,
- engulfing the people; thiswill be a painful punishment.
- 'Our Lord, remove this punishment fromus, we are believers.'
- But how will they avail themselves of theReminder, when a clear Messenger had already come to them
- but then theyturned away from him, saying: 'He is tutored, mad!'
- We are removing thepunishment a little, but you revert.
- But on that Day We will assaultthem most mightily, and then We shall revenge!
- We tried Pharaoh'snation before them. A noble Messenger came to them,
- (saying:) 'Beobedient to me O worshipers of Allah. I am your honest Messenger.
- Donot rise up against Allah, I come to you with clear authority.
- I takerefuge with my Lord and your Lord lest you stone me.
- And if you do notbelieve me, then leave me!'
- Then he supplicated to his Lord saying:'These are sinful people.'
- (His Lord answered): 'Set out with Myworshipers in the night, for you will surely be followed.
- Then leavethe sea calm - they are an army that will be drowned.
- How many gardensand fountains did they leave behind,
- and sown fields, fine sittingplaces,
- and good things in which they took delight.
- As such (itwas). And We made other people inherit them.
- Neither heaven nor earthshed tears for them; nor were they respited,
- and We saved the Childrenof Israel from a humiliating punishment
- from Pharaoh, who ranked highin sin,
- and We chose them, out of a knowledge above the nations (oftheir time).
- And gave signs to them in which there was a clear trial.
- Yet these say:
- 'There is nothing except the first death, we shallnever be revived.
- Bring us our fathers, if what you say is true.'
- Are they better or the people of Tubba' and those who were before themwhom We destroyed? Indeed they were sinners.
- It was not in play that Wecreated the heavens and the earth and all that is between them.
- Wecreated them in nothing else except the truth. But most do not know.
- The Day of Decision is the appointed time for all.
- On that Day nocousin shall help his cousin and they shall not be helped
- except thoseon whom Allah will have mercy. He is the Almighty, the Most Merciful.
- The food of the Zakkum tree
- shall be the food of the guilty sinners.
- Like molten copper boiling in the belly
- as the boiling of the hotwater.
- 'Seize him and drag him into the center of Hell.
- Then pourthe punishment of boiling water over his head,
- (Saying): 'Taste, surelyyou are the mighty and noble!
- This is that which you doubted.'
- Indeed, for those who feared (Allah) is a secure place
- amidst gardensand fountains,
- dressed in silks and brocade, set face to face.
- Assuch, We shall wed them to wide-eyed houris (the virgins of Paradise).
- There in security, they will call for every kind of fruit.
- There theyshall not taste death, except the first death, and He will shield themfrom the punishment of Hell,
- as a bounty from your Lord. That will bethe mighty triumph.
- We have now made it easy on your tongue, in orderthat they remember.
- So be watchful, they too are watching.
English translation of holy Quran by Allah.com - more information
Introduction: English translation in text format generously provided by Allah.com. For details about this translation please check the website Allah.com.
Other contributions: none
File format: plain text ( web pages )
Contents: total 114 surah in 114 pages
Full Quran: Full Quran on single webpage by Allah.com
Type: the translation is idiomatic and only has English text with no Arabic transcript. The text is in black color and an easy to read font which can also be stylized by using your browser stylesheet / accessibility settings
Direct links to surahs of holy Quran