English translation of holy Quran by Allah.com
English translation of holy Quran - surah 42. The Consultation - Ash-Shurah of 114
This version of holy Quran has English translation in plain text format by Allah.com. The translation is in single color and each verse on its own paragraph is followed by verse number in brackets.
42. The Consultation - Ash-Shurah
In the Name of Allah the Most Merciful, the Most Beneficent
- As such Allah, the Almighty, the Wisereveals to you (Prophet Muhammad) and to those before you.
- To Himbelongs whatsoever is in the heavens and the earth. He is the High, theExalted.
- The heavens nearly break apart above them as the angels exaltwith the praise of their Lord and ask forgiveness for those on earth.Indeed Allah is the Forgiving, the Most Merciful.
- As for those who takeguardians for themselves, other than Him, Allah is the Warden over them.You are not a guardian over them.
- As such We have revealed to you anArabic Koran, so that you can warn the Mother of Villages (Mecca) and allwho live about it, and that you also warn them of the Day of Gathering inwhich there is no doubt that a division will be in Paradise, and adivision in the Blaze.
- Had it been the Will of Allah, He would have madethem all one nation. But He admits into His Mercy whom He will - theharmdoers shall have neither a guardian nor helper.
- Or have they takento themselves guardians other than Him? But Allah, He is the Guardian. Herevives the dead and has power over all things.
- Whatever you differupon, its judgement belongs to Allah. Such is Allah, my Lord, in Him Ihave put my trust, and to Him I turn in repentance.
- The Originator ofthe heavens and the earth, He has given you from yourselves, pairs, andalso pairs of cattle, thereby multiplying you. There is nothing like Him.He is the Hearer, the Seer.
- To Him belongs the keys of the heavens andthe earth. He outspreads and withholds His provisions to whom He will,surely, He has knowledge of all things.
- He has made plain for you theReligion with which He charged Noah and that which We have revealed toyou, and that with which We charged (Prophets) Abraham, Moses and Jesus,(saying): 'Establish the Religion and do not be divided therein.' Thatwhich you invite them to is too overwhelming for the idolaters. Allahbrings close to Himself whom He will, and guides to Him those who turn inrepentance.
- Yet they became divided only after knowledge had reachedthem from their own insolence. And had it not been for a Word that hadpreceded from your Lord, till an appointed term, it would have beendetermined between them. But those who inherited the Book after them arein disquieting doubt about it,
- so invite and go straight as you areordered, and do not follow their desires and say: 'I believe in whateverBook Allah has sent down. I am ordered to be just among you. Allah is ourLord and your Lord. We have our deeds and you have yours; there is noargument between us and you, Allah will bring us all together, to Him isthe arrival.'
- As for those who argue concerning Allah after beinganswered, their arguments will be annulled before their Lord, and HisWrath will fall upon them, and for them there is a terrible punishment.
- It is Allah who has sent down the Book in truth and the Scale. And whatwill let you know? The Hour is near.
- Those who disbelieve in it seek tohasten it, but the believers are in fear of it, knowing it to be thetruth. Indeed, those who doubt the Hour have strayed far away.
- Allah isSubtle towards His worshipers, and provides for whosoever He will. He isthe Strong, the Almighty.
- Whoever hopes for the tillage of theEverlasting Life, We will increase his tillage; and whoever hopes for thetillage of this world, We give him some of it, but in the Everlasting Lifehe shall have no share.
- Or do they have associates who have made lawfulto them in religion what Allah has not permitted? Had it not been for theDecisive Word, it would have been decided between them. For the evildoersthere is a painful punishment.
- You shall see the harmdoers in fear ofwhat they have earned as it is about to fall on them. But those whobelieve and do good deeds shall live in the meadows of the Gardens andfrom their Lord they will have all that they desire - that is the greatbounty.
- This is the glad tidings that Allah gives to His worshipers,who believe and do good works. Say: 'For this I ask of you no wage exceptthe love of the (Prophet's) relatives. We will add good to whosoever gainsa good deed. Allah is the Forgiving and the Thanker.'
- Or do they say:'He has forged a lie about Allah? But if Allah wills He could set a sealupon your heart. Allah wipes out falsehood and verifies the truth by HisWords. He knows the innermost of the chests.
- It is He who accepts therepentance of His worshipers and pardons their evil deeds. He hasknowledge of what you do.
- He answers those who believe and do gooddeeds, and He increases them from His bounty. But for the unbelieversthere is a terrible punishment.
- If Allah had expanded His provision toHis worshipers, they would become tyrannical in the earth, but He sendsdown to them what He will in due measure; He is Aware and sees Hisworshipers.
- It is He who sends down rain for them after they despaired,and He unfolds His Mercy. He is the Guardian, the Praised.
- Among Hissigns is the creation of the heavens and the earth and the crawling thingswhich He has dispersed in them. If He will, He is Able to gather all ofthem.
- If affliction befalls you, it is what your own hands have earned,but He pardons a lot.
- You are not able to frustrate Him in the earth,nor do you have a guardian and a helper other than Allah.
- And among Hissigns are the ships that run on the sea like mountains and
- if He will,He calms the wind so that they remain motionless upon its back, surely,there are signs in this for every thankful, patient (person).
- Or, Hewrecks them for what they have earned, but He pardons a lot.
- Those whodispute Our verses may know that they have no asylum.
- That which youhave been given is but the enjoyment of the present life. Better and moreenduring is that which Allah has for those who believe and put their trustin their Lord.
- And those who avoid the major sins and indecencies and,when angered, forgive;
- those who answer their Lord, establish theprayers, and their affairs are by consultation; who spend of that which Wehave given them,
- and when harmed they become victorious.
- Therecompense of a sin is a sin like it, but whosoever forgives and seeks toreform, his wage will be with Allah. Surely, He does not love theharmdoers.
- And whosoever harms after he has been harmed there is noblame upon them.
- The blame is only against those who wrong people, andare wrongfully insolent in the earth, for them there is a painfulpunishment.
- Surely, he who bears patiently and forgives - indeed thatis true constancy.
- He whom Allah leads astray has none to protect himthereafter. You will see the harmdoers when they see the punishmentsaying: 'Is there a way back?'
- You shall see them exposed before it,humbled in shame and looking upon it with a furtive glance and thebelievers will say: 'Indeed, the losers are they who lose themselves andtheir families on the Day of Resurrection.' The harmdoers shall suffer aneverlasting punishment.
- They shall have none to protect or help themother than Allah. He whom Allah leads astray - there is no way for him.
- Answer your Lord before that Day arrives which cannot be turned back fromAllah, for you on that Day there shall be neither shelter, nor denial.
- But if they turn away, We have not sent you (Prophet Muhammad) to be their(compulsory) guardian. It is only for you to deliver (the Message). WhenWe give the human a taste of Our Mercy, he rejoices because of it; butwhen, because of what he has earned, evil befalls him, the human isungrateful.
- To Allah belongs the Kingdom of the heavens and the earth.He creates what He will. He gives females to whom He will and males towhom He will.
- Or, He couples them, both males and females, and toothers, if He will, He makes them barren. Surely, He is the Knower, thePowerful.
- It does not belong to any human that Allah should speak tohim except by Revelation, or from behind a veil, or that He sent aMessenger to reveal whatsoever He will by His Permission. He is the High,the Wise.
- As such We have revealed to you (Prophet Muhammad) a spirit(the revelation of the Koran) from Our Ordinance. You did not know whatthe Book was, nor belief, but We made it a light whereby We guide those ofOur worshipers whom We will. And you (Prophet Muhammad), you, surely guideto a Straight Path.
- The Path of Allah, to whom belongs all that is inthe heavens and all that is in the earth. Surely, to Allah all thingsreturn.
English translation of holy Quran by Allah.com - more information
Introduction: English translation in text format generously provided by Allah.com. For details about this translation please check the website Allah.com.
Other contributions: none
File format: plain text ( web pages )
Contents: total 114 surah in 114 pages
Full Quran: Full Quran on single webpage by Allah.com
Type: the translation is idiomatic and only has English text with no Arabic transcript. The text is in black color and an easy to read font which can also be stylized by using your browser stylesheet / accessibility settings
Direct links to surahs of holy Quran