English translation of holy Quran by Allah.com
English translation of holy Quran - surah 41. Distinguished - Fussilat of 114
This version of holy Quran has English translation in plain text format by Allah.com. The translation is in single color and each verse on its own paragraph is followed by verse number in brackets.
41. Distinguished - Fussilat
In the Name of Allah the Most Merciful, the Most Beneficent
- A sending down from the Merciful, the Most Merciful.
- ABook, the verses of which are distinguished, an Arabic Koran for a nationwho know.
- It bears glad tidings and a warning, yet most of them turnaway and do not listen.
- They say: 'Our hearts are veiled from that towhich you call us, and in our ears there is heaviness. And between us andyou is a veil. So work (as you will) and we are working.'
- Say (ProphetMuhammad): 'I am only a human like you, to whom it is revealed that yourGod is One God. Therefore be straight with Him and ask Him to forgive you.Woe to the idolaters,
- who do not pay charity and disbelieve in theEverlasting Life.
- For those who believe and do good works is an enduringwage.'
- Say: 'Do you disbelieve in Him who created the earth in two days?And do you set up equals with Him? He is the Lord of the Worlds.'
- Heset firm mountains on top (of the earth) and He blessed it. And in fourdays He ordained in it many provisions, equal to those who ask.
- Then Hewilled to the heaven when it was smoke, and to it and the earth He said:'Come willingly, or unwillingly.' 'We come willingly,' they answered.
- In two days He determined them seven heavens, and He revealed to eachheaven its commands. We decorated the lowest heaven with lamps andpreserve them. Such is the decree of the Almighty, the Knower.
- But ifthey turn away, say: 'I have given you warning of a thunderbolt similar tothat which overtook Aad and Thamood.'
- When their Messengers came tothem from before them and behind them, (saying): 'Worship none exceptAllah,' they answered: 'Had it been the will of our Lord, He would havesent down angels. So we disbelieve in the Message with which you weresent.'
- As for Aad, they behaved proudly in the earth without right.'Who is stronger than us?' they would say. Could they not see that Allah,who created them, is stronger than they? But they disbelieved Our signs.
- Then, on the ominous days, We loosed against them a howling wind thatWe might let them taste the punishment of humiliation in this life; butmore humiliating will be the punishment of the Everlasting Life and theywill not be helped.
- As for Thamood, We (offered) them Our Guidance, butthey preferred blindness to guidance. So a thunderbolt of the humiliatingpunishment seized them because of what they had earned;
- and We savedthose who believed and feared Allah.
- On the Day when the enemies ofAllah will be rightfully gathered together before Fire,
- when they reachit, their hearing, eyes and skins will testify against them for what theywere doing.
- 'Why did you bear witness against us,' they will ask theirskins, and they will reply: 'Allah has given us speech, as He has givenspeech to everything. It was He who created you the first time, and to Himyou shall return.
- It is not that you covered yourselves so that yourhearing, eyes and skin could not bear witness against you but you thoughtthat Allah did not know much of that which you do.
- Rather, it is thethoughts you thought about your Lord that have destroyed you, therefore,this morning you find yourselves among the losers.'
- Even if they arepatient the Fire shall still be their lodging, and if they seek pardon,they shall not be among those who are pardoned.
- We have assignedcompanions to them, who make what is before them and behind them seem fairto them. The statement has been realized against them in nations of peopleand jinn alike that passed away before them - they were indeed the losers.
- The unbelievers say: 'Do not listen to this Koran, and talk idly aboutit so that you might be overcome.'
- We will let the unbelievers taste aterrible punishment, and recompense them with the worst of what they weredoing.
- The Fire - that is the recompense of the enemies of Allah. Thereit is that they will be lodged for eternity, a recompense for theirdisbelief of Our verses.
- The unbelievers will say: 'Lord, show us thejinn and people who led us astray, to put them under our feet so that theyare among the lowest.'
- The angels will descend on those who said:'Allah is Our Lord,' and have then gone straight, (saying:) 'Be neitherfearful, nor sad; rejoice in the Paradise you have been promised.
- Weare your guides in this world and in the Everlasting Life. There, youshall have all that your souls desire, and all that you ask for
- ashospitality from One, the Forgiving, the Most Merciful.'
- And, who isbetter in saying than he who invites to Allah, does what is right, andsays: 'Surely, I am of those who surrender.'
- Good and evil deeds arenot equal. Repel with that which is most just, and see, the one whom thereis enmity between you will be as if he were a loyal guide.
- But nonewill receive it except those who are patient and, none shall receive it,except he who has a great share.
- If a provocation from satan shouldprovoke you, seek refuge in Allah. He is the Hearer, the Knower.
- AmongHis signs are the night and the day, and the sun and the moon. But do notprostrate yourselves before the sun or the moon; rather prostrate beforeAllah, who created them both, if it is He whom you worship.
- But if theybecome proud, those who are with your Lord exalt Him by day and night, andnever grow weary.
- And among His signs is that you see the earth humble;then when He sends down rain upon it, it quivers and swells. He whorevives is He who revives the dead, surely, He is powerful overeverything.
- Those who disbelieve Our verses when it comes to them arenot hidden from Us. Is he who is cast in the Fire better than he who comesin safety on the Day of Resurrection? Do as you will, surely, He sees thethings you do.
- Those who disbelieve in the Remembrance when it comes tothem - and indeed this is a Mighty Book -
- falsehood does not come to itfrom before it or from behind it. It is a sending down from the One, theWise, the Praised.
- Nothing that is said to you has not already beensaid to other Messengers before you. Indeed, your Lord is a Lord offorgiveness, but stern in retribution.
- Had We made the Koran in anon-Arabic (language) they would have said: 'If only its verses weredistinguished! Why in (a) non-Arabic (language, when the Prophet is) anArab?' Say: 'To the believers it is a guidance and a healing. But to thosewho do not believe, there is a heaviness in their ears, to them it isblindness. They are those called from afar.'
- We gave the Book to Moses,but there were disputes about it, and had it not been for a Word thatpreceded from your Lord (their disputes) would have been decided betweenthem. But they are in disquieting doubt about it.
- He who does good doesit for himself; and he who does evil does so against it. Your Lord neverwrongs His worshipers.
- To Him is referred the knowledge of the Hour. Nofruit sprouts forth from its sheath, no female conceives or is delivered,except with His Knowledge. On the Day He will call to them: 'Where thenare My associates?' they will reply: 'We proclaim to You that none of uscan bear witness.'
- Those they used to call upon before will go awayfrom them, and they shall think that they have no asylum.
- Mankind neverwearies of supplicating for goodness, but when evil befalls him he isdown-cast and (grows) desperate.
- And if We give him a taste of mercyfrom Us after his affliction has befallen him, he is sure to say: 'This ismy own. I do not think the Hour will ever come. And even if I am returnedto my Lord, with Him there is for me the finest reward (Paradise).' Then,We shall tell the unbelievers what they did and let them taste a harshpunishment.
- When We favor a human, he swerves away and withdraws aside,but when evil befalls him he is full of unending prayer.
- Say: 'Think,if this (Koran) is indeed from Allah, and you disbelieve in it, who isfurther astray than he who is in a wide schism?'
- We will show them Oursigns in all the horizons and in themselves, until it is clear to themthat it is the truth. Is it not sufficient that your Lord is witness overeverything?'
- Are they not in doubt concerning the Meeting with theirLord? Attention, He encompasses everything.
English translation of holy Quran by Allah.com - more information
Introduction: English translation in text format generously provided by Allah.com. For details about this translation please check the website Allah.com.
Other contributions: none
File format: plain text ( web pages )
Contents: total 114 surah in 114 pages
Full Quran: Full Quran on single webpage by Allah.com
Type: the translation is idiomatic and only has English text with no Arabic transcript. The text is in black color and an easy to read font which can also be stylized by using your browser stylesheet / accessibility settings
Direct links to surahs of holy Quran