English translation of holy Quran by Allah.com
English translation of holy Quran - surah 34. Sheba - Saba' of 114
This version of holy Quran has English translation in plain text format by Allah.com. The translation is in single color and each verse on its own paragraph is followed by verse number in brackets.
34. Sheba - Saba'
In the Name of Allah the Most Merciful, the Most Beneficent
- Praise is for Allah, to whom belongs all that is in the heavens andthe earth! And the Praise belongs to Him in the Everlasting Life. He isthe Wise, the Knower.
- He knows all that penetrates the earth and allthat comes forth from it, all that comes down from heaven and all thatascends to it. He is the Most Merciful, the Forgiver.
- The unbelieverssay: 'The Hour will never come to us.' Say: 'By my Lord, yes, it is surelycoming to you! By Him who knows the Unseen, not even the weight of an atomin heavens and earth escapes Him; neither is there anything smaller thanthat, nor greater except that it is in a Clear Book,
- in order that Herecompenses those who believe and do good works; theirs shall beforgiveness and a generous provision.
- But those who labor against Ourverses (thinking they are) frustrating (Our Messengers), theirs shall bethe painful punishment of anger.'
- Those to whom the knowledge has beengiven can see that what has been sent down to you from your Lord is thetruth, guiding to the Path of the Almighty, the Praised.
- The unbelieverssay: 'Shall we direct you to a man who will tell you that when you havebeen utterly torn into pieces you will be raised in a new creation?'
- What, has he forged a lie about Allah, or is he mad!' No, those who do notbelieve in the Everlasting Life are in the punishment and in far error.
- Have they not seen what is before them and behind them in heaven andearth? If We willed, We would make the earth swallow them up, or We wouldlet lumps from heaven fall down on them. Surely, there is a sign in thisfor every penitent worshiper.
- We gave David bounty from Us. 'Omountains, and birds, echo (the praise of Allah) with him.' And Wesoftened iron for him,
- (saying): 'Make large coats of mail and measuretheir links well. Do good deeds, for surely I see the things you do.'
- To Solomon the morning course of the wind was a month's journey, and itsevening course was also a month's journey. We caused copper to be (as a)molten spring for him. And the jinn, some served him by the permission ofhis Lord. But as for those amongst them that swerved away from OurCommand, We shall let them taste the punishment of the Blaze (the Fire).
- They made for him whatever he wanted, arches, statues, bowls as basins,and fixed cauldrons. (We said:) 'Give thanks, House of David and work.'Yet only a few of My worshipers are thankful.
- And when We decreed(Solomon's) death, they had no indication that he was dead until (they sawa termite), a crawler of the earth eating away his staff. And when he felldown, the jinn realized that had they known the unseen, they would nothave continued in their humiliating punishment.
- For Sheba there wasindeed a sign. In their dwelling place there were two gardens, on theright and left side. (We said): 'Eat of your Lord's provisions and givethanks to Him, a good land, and a Lord who is the Forgiving.'
- But theyturned away. So We sent against them the Flood (at the city) of Arim, andexchanged their gardens with two others bearing bitter fruit andTamarisks, and here and there a few Lotus trees.
- As such We recompensedthem for their disbelief; do We recompense any except the unbelievers?
- Between them and the villages which We had blessed, We placed easilyvisible villages, and We spaced the journey between them exactly. (Wesaid): 'Travel through them by day and night in safety.'
- But they said:'Lord, make the stages between our journeys longer,' so they wrongedthemselves; so We made them news and We tore them utterly into pieces.Surely, there are signs in this for every one who is patient, thankful.
- iblis' made his guess true to them; and all except for a party ofbelievers followed him.
- Yet he had no authority over them except thatWe would know who believed in the Everlasting Life, from he who doubted.Your Lord is the Watcher over all things.
- Say: 'Call on those whom youassert, other than Allah. They do not possess as much as the weight of anatom in the heavens or earth, nor do they have a partnership in either,neither does He have supporters among them.'
- Intercession with Him willnot help, except for him to whom He gives permission. When terror islifted from their hearts, they shall say: 'What did your Lord say?' 'Thetruth,' they shall answer. 'He is the Most High, the Great.'
- Say: 'Whoprovides for you from the heavens and earth?' Say: 'Allah.' Surely, eitherwe or you are rightly guided or in clear error.
- Say: 'You will not tobe questioned about our sins, neither will we be questioned for youractions.'
- Say: 'Our Lord will bring us all together, then, with truth,He will rightly judge between us. He is the Opener, the Knower.
- Say:'Show me those whom you joined with Him as associates; no, indeed; ratherHe is Allah, the Almighty, the Wise.
- We did not send you (ProphetMuhammad) for all mankind except to bring them glad tidings and to warn,but most people do not know.
- They ask: 'When, if what you say is true,will this promise come?'
- Say: 'You are promised a Day. You can neitherhold it back, nor can you hasten it by a single hour.'
- The unbelieverssay: 'We will not believe in this Koran, nor in (the Books) that werebefore it.' If you could only see the harmdoers when they are broughtbefore their Lord! They will argue against each other. Those who had beenabased will say to those who were proud: 'But for you, we would have beenbelievers.'
- Then, those who were proud will say to those who wereabased, 'Was it we who barred you from the Guidance after it had come toyou? No, you yourselves were sinners.'
- Those that were abased will sayto those who were proud: 'Rather, it was scheming night and day, when youordered us to disbelieve in Allah and set up equals to Him.' And they willregret in secret when they see the punishment and We put (iron) fetters onthe necks of the unbelievers. Shall they be recompensed except for whatthey were doing?
- We never sent a warner to a village except that those(who lived) in luxury said: 'We disbelieve in the Message you have beensent with!'
- And they said: 'We have been given an abundance of wealthand children - we shall never be punished!'
- Say: 'My Lord outspreadsand withholds His provision to whomsoever He will. But most people do notknow.'
- It is neither your riches nor your children that shall bring youclose in nearness to Us, except he who believes and does good work. Forthose their awaits a double recompense for their deeds, they shall live insafety in their lofty chambers.
- But those who labor to negate Ourverses shall be arraigned in to the punishment.
- Say: 'My Lordoutspreads and withholds His provision to whomsoever He will of Hisworshipers. Whatsoever you expend He will replace it. He is the Best ofproviders.'
- On the Day when He gathers them all together, He will sayto the angels: 'Was it you that these worshipped?'
- 'Exaltations toYou!' they will answer. 'You are our Guardian other than them! No, ratherthey worshipped the jinn, and it was them which most believed.'
- Therefore, today none of you shall have the power to either benefit orharm one another.' To the evildoers We shall say: 'Taste the punishment ofthe Fire, which you belied!'
- When Our clear verses, are recited tothem, they say: 'This is nothing but a man whose wish is to prevent youfrom that which your fathers used to worship.' And they say: 'This isnothing but a forged lie.' And those who disbelieve say of the truth whenit reaches them: 'This is nothing but clear sorcery.'
- Yet We have notgiven them any Books to study, nor, before you, have We sent them awarner.
- Those who have gone before them belied, yet they did not reacha tenth of what We gave them; yet they belied My Messengers. And how was(My) rejection (their destruction)!
- Say: 'I give you only oneadmonition, that you stand before Allah either two by two, or one by oneand reflect. There is no madness is in your companion. He (ProphetMuhammad) is only a warner to you, before a terrible punishment.'
- Say:'I ask no wage of you; that shall be yours. My wage is only upon Allah andHe is Witness over everything.'
- Say: 'My Lord hurls the truth - theKnower of the Unseen.'
- Say: 'Truth has come. Falsehood has vanished andshall return no more.'
- Say: 'If I go astray, then I go astray onlyagainst myself; if I am guided it is because of that which my Lord hasrevealed to me. He is the Hearer, and the Near.'
- If you could only seewhen they (the unbelievers) are seized with terror, and there is noescape. They shall be seized from a nearby place,
- and say: 'We believein it.' But how can they reach from a place that is distant,
- since theydisbelieved in it before, guessing at the Unseen from a distant place?
- And a barrier is set between them and that which they desire, as it wasdone before with their like; they were in suspicious doubt.'
English translation of holy Quran by Allah.com - more information
Introduction: English translation in text format generously provided by Allah.com. For details about this translation please check the website Allah.com.
Other contributions: none
File format: plain text ( web pages )
Contents: total 114 surah in 114 pages
Full Quran: Full Quran on single webpage by Allah.com
Type: the translation is idiomatic and only has English text with no Arabic transcript. The text is in black color and an easy to read font which can also be stylized by using your browser stylesheet / accessibility settings
Direct links to surahs of holy Quran