English translation of holy Quran by Allah.com
English translation of holy Quran - surah 33. The Confederates - Al-Ahzab of 114
This version of holy Quran has English translation in plain text format by Allah.com. The translation is in single color and each verse on its own paragraph is followed by verse number in brackets.
33. The Confederates - Al-Ahzab
In the Name of Allah the Most Merciful, the Most Beneficent
- O Prophet, fear Allah, and do not obey the unbelievers and thehypocrites. Allah is the Knower, the Wise.
- Follow what is revealed toyou from your Lord, for Allah is Aware of what they do,
- put your trustin Allah; Allah suffices as a Guardian.
- Allah has never made any manwith two hearts inside him. Nor has He made your wives, when you divorce,saying: 'Be as my mother's back,' your mothers. Neither has He made yourfostered sons as your own sons. These are your own sayings, words whichyou utter with your mouths; but Allah speaks the truth and guides to thePath.
- Name them after their fathers, that is more just with Allah. Ifyou do not know their fathers, regard them as your brothers in thereligion, or those under your sponsorship. There is no fault in you if youmake mistakes, but only in what your hearts intended. Allah is Forgivingand the Most Merciful,
- The Prophet has a greater right on the believersthan their own selves, his wives are their mothers. Kinsmen are closer toone another in the Book of Allah than to other believers and theemigrants; although you should act honorably towards those you sponsor,that is written in the Book
- We took from the Prophets their covenant andfrom you (Prophet Muhammad), from Noah and Abraham, from Moses and Jesusthe son of Mary. We took a solemn covenant from them,
- so that Allahmight question the truthful about their truthfulness. But for theunbelievers He has prepared a painful punishment.
- Believers, rememberthe Favor of Allah to you when there came against you hosts (armies). Weunleashed against them a wind and hosts (angels) you could not see. Allahsees the things you do.
- They came on you from above and from below, andwhen your eyes swerved and your hearts leapt to your throats, and youthought thoughts about Allah;
- there the believers were tried, they wereshaken, a severe quake.
- The hypocrites and those in whose hearts thereis a disease said: 'Allah and His Messenger promised nothing butdelusion.'
- And when a party of them said: 'People of Yathrib (Madinah),there is no place for you here, therefore return.' And a party of themasked leave of the Prophet, saying: 'Our houses are exposed' whereas theywere not, they only wished to flee.
- And if an entrance had been forcedagainst them from its quarters, and then they had been asked to incite,they would have done so, and remained in it (the city) but a little(time).
- Yet before that, they made a covenant with Allah never to turntheir backs. And covenants with Allah shall be questioned.
- Say: 'Flightwill not avail you, if you flee from death or slaughter, you would enjoy(this world) only for a little (time).'
- Say: 'Who can defend you fromAllah if He desires harm for you, or if He desires mercy for you?' Theyshall find for themselves none, other than Allah, to protect or help them.
- Allah knows those of you who hinder, and those who say to theirbrothers: 'Come to us,' and they do not come to the battle but a little,
- being mean towards you. When fear comes to them, you see them lookingat you, their eyes rolling as though they were on the point of death. Butonce the fear departs they assail you with their sharp tongues, beinggreedy to possess good things. Those have never believed; Allah hasannulled their deeds. That is easy for Allah.
- They think theconfederates have not departed. Indeed, if the confederates should comeagain they would sooner be in the desert among the Bedouins asking news ofyou. If they were among you, they would fight but a little.
- In theMessenger of Allah you have a fine example for he who hopes for Allah andthe Last Day and remembers Allah abundantly.
- When the believers saw theconfederates they said: 'This is what Allah and His Messenger havepromised us. Surely, Allah and His Messenger have spoken in truth.' Andthis did not increase them except in belief and submission.
- Among thebelievers there are men who have been true to their covenant with Allah.Some have fulfilled their vow dying, and others await, unyielding tochange,
- so that Allah will recompense the truthful for theirtruthfulness and punish the hypocrites if He will, or turn again to them.Surely, Allah is the Forgiver and the Most Merciful.
- Allah sent backthe unbelievers in their rage, and they gained no good. Allah spared thebelievers from fighting, surely Allah is the Strong, the Mighty.
- Hebrought down from their fortresses those who had supported them from amongthe People of the (Jewish) Book and cast terror into their hearts, so thatsome you killed and others you took captive.
- He made you inheritors oftheir land, their houses, and their possessions, and another land on whichyou had never set foot before. Truly, Allah is Powerful over everything.
- O Prophet, say to your wives: 'If you seek this life and its finery,come, I will release you with a fine release.
- But if you seek Allah andHis Messenger and the Everlasting Residence, know that Allah has preparedfor those of you who do good works a mighty wage.'
- O wives of theProphet! Whosoever among you commit a flagrant indecency, for her thepunishment shall be doubled, that is easy for Allah.
- But she who obeysAllah and His Messenger and does good works shall be doubly recompensed;for her We have made a generous provision.
- O wives of the Prophet, youare not like other women. If you fear (Allah), do not be to complaisant inyour speech, lest he in whose heart there is a sickness may desire (of hismother); but speak honorable words.
- Stay in your homes and do notdisplay your finery as pagan women used to do in the olden Days ofIgnorance. Establish your prayers, pay the obligatory charity, and obeyAllah and His Messenger. O family of the House, Allah only wishes todistance fault from you, and to cleanse you, and to purify you abundantly.
- And remember that which is recited in your houses of the verses ofAllah and the Wisdom. Allah is the Subtle, the Knower.
- For men andwomen who have surrendered - believing men and women; obedient men andwomen; truthful men and women, patient men and women, humble men andwomen, men and women who give charity, men and women who fast, men andwomen who guard their privates, men and women who remember Allah inabundance, for them Allah has prepared forgiveness and a mighty wage.
- It is not for any believer - man or woman - to have the choice in theaffair when a matter is decreed by Allah and His Prophet. Whosoeverdisobeys Allah and His Messenger strays into clear error.
- And when yousaid to he whom Allah had favored and yourself have favored: 'Keep yourwife and fear Allah,' and you sought to hide in yourself what Allah was toreveal, fearing people; although Allah has a better right for you to fearHim. And when Zayd had accomplished what he would of her (divorce), Wegave her to you (Prophet Muhammad) in marriage, so that there is no faultin believers concerning (marriage to) the former spouse of their fosterchildren if they divorced them. The decree of Allah must be done.
- Nofault shall be attached to the Prophet for doing what Allah has obligatedfor him. Such was the way of Allah with those who passed away before - thedecree of Allah is a decree determined -
- who were delivering theMessages of Allah, fearing Him and fearing none except Allah. Allahsuffices as a Reckoner.
- Muhammad is not the father of any of your men.He is the Messenger of Allah and the Seal of the Prophets. Allah hasknowledge of all things.
- Believers, remember Allah frequently,
- exaltHim at dawn and in the evening.
- It is He who has mercy on you, and Hisangels to bring you out from the darkness into light. He is the MostMerciful to the believers.
- On the Day they meet Him, their greetingshall be 'Peace!' A generous recompense He has prepared for them.
- OProphet, We have sent you as a witness, a bearer of glad tidings, and tobear warning;
- a caller to Allah by His permission and as a lightshedding lamp.
- Give to the believers the glad tidings that with Allahthere is for them a great bounty.
- Do not obey the unbelievers and thehypocrites, pay no attention to their hurt. Put your trust in Allah; Allahsuffices as a Guardian.
- Believers, if you marry believing women anddivorce them before the marriage is consummated, you have no period tocount against them. Provide for them and release them kindly.
- OProphet, We have made lawful to you the wives to whom you have givendowries and those whom your right hand possesses, of whatever spoils ofwar that Allah has given you; and the daughters of your paternal unclesand paternal aunts, and of your paternal and maternal aunts who migratedwith you; and any believing woman who gives herself to the Prophet, if theProphet wishes to take her in marriage. This is only for you and not anyother believer. We know the duties We have imposed on them concerningtheir wives and those whom their right hand possesses, so that thereshould be no fault in you. Allah is the Forgiving and Merciful.
- You maydefer any of them (your wives) if you please and invite any of them if youplease. If you seek any you have put aside there is no fault in you. Sothat it is likelier they will be comforted, and not sorrow, and every oneof them will be pleased, and all are pleased with what you give them.Allah knows what is in your hearts. Allah is the Knower, the Clement.
- It shall be unlawful for you to take more wives or to exchange yourpresent wives for other women, though their beauty pleases you, exceptthose whom your right hand possesses. Allah is watchful over everything.
- Believers, do not enter the houses of the Prophet for a meal withoutwaiting for the proper time, unless you are given permission. But if youare invited, enter, and when you have eaten, disperse, not desiringconversation, for that is hurtful to the Prophet and he would be shybefore you; but of the truth Allah is not shy. And when you ask his wivesfor anything, speak to them from behind a curtain, that is cleaner foryour hearts and theirs. You must not hurt the Messenger of Allah, norshall you ever wed his wives after him, surely, this would be a monstrousthing with Allah.
- Whether you reveal a thing or conceal it, Allah hasknowledge of all things.
- It shall be no offense for them (to be seenunveiled) by their fathers, their sons, their brothers, their brothers'sons, their sisters' sons, their women, and those whom their right handspossess. And fear Allah, for Allah is witness of everything.
- Allah andHis angels praise and venerate the Prophet. Believers, praise and veneratehim and pronounce peace upon him in abundance.
- Those who (try to) hurtAllah and His Messenger shall be cursed by Allah in this present life andin the Everlasting Life, and He has prepared for them a humblingpunishment.
- Those who hurt believing men and believing womenundeservedly, shall bear the guilt of slander and a major sin.
- OProphet, tell your wives, your daughters and the believing women to drawtheir veils close to them, so it is likelier they will be known, and nothurt. Allah is the Forgiver, the Most Merciful.
- If the hypocrites andthose who have a disease in their hearts, and those who make a commotionin the City do not desist, We will surely urge you against them. Then theywill be your neighbors for only a little (while),
- cursed wherever theyare found, they will be seized and put to death.
- Such has been the wayof Allah with those who have passed before them, and you shall find nochange in the ways of Allah.
- The people will ask you about the Hour.Say: 'The knowledge of it is with Allah alone, what makes you to know thatthe Hour is near?'
- Allah has cursed the unbelievers and prepared forthem a Blaze.
- Living there for ever, they shall neither find a guardiannor a helper.
- On that Day when their faces are turned about in theFire, they shall say: 'Would that we had obeyed Allah and obeyed theMessenger!'
- And they shall say: 'Our Lord, We obeyed our masters andour eminent ones, but they misled us from the way.
- Our Lord, let theirpunishment be doubled; and curse them with a mighty curse.'
- Believers,do not be like those who hurt Moses. Allah cleared him of what they said.His face is honorable with Allah.
- O you who believe, fear Allah and saysound statements,
- and He will mend your deeds for you and forgive yoursins. Whosoever obeys Allah and His Messenger shall win a great victory.
- We offered the trust to the heavens, and the earth, and the mountains,but they refused to bear it, and were afraid of it, and the human carriedit. Surely, he is a harmdoer, and ignorant.
- Allah punishes thehypocrites, men and women alike, and the idolaters, both men and womenalike; and Allah turns to the believers, men and women alike. Allah is theForgiver, the Most Merciful.
English translation of holy Quran by Allah.com - more information
Introduction: English translation in text format generously provided by Allah.com. For details about this translation please check the website Allah.com.
Other contributions: none
File format: plain text ( web pages )
Contents: total 114 surah in 114 pages
Full Quran: Full Quran on single webpage by Allah.com
Type: the translation is idiomatic and only has English text with no Arabic transcript. The text is in black color and an easy to read font which can also be stylized by using your browser stylesheet / accessibility settings
Direct links to surahs of holy Quran