English translation of holy Quran by Allah.com
English translation of holy Quran - surah 32. The Prostration - As-Sajda of 114
This version of holy Quran has English translation in plain text format by Allah.com. The translation is in single color and each verse on its own paragraph is followed by verse number in brackets.
32. The Prostration - As-Sajda
In the Name of Allah the Most Merciful, the Most Beneficent
- The sending down of the Book in which there is nodoubt that is from the Lord of the Worlds.
- Or do they say: 'He hasforged it himself?' Say: 'No, it is the truth from your Lord so that youcan warn a nation to whom none has warned before you, in order that theyare guided.
- It was Allah, who, in six days created the heavens and theearth and all that is between them, and then willed to the Throne. Youhave no guardian nor intercessor other than Him. Will you not remember?
- He directs the affair from heaven to earth. Then it will ascend to Him inone day, a day whose value is a thousand years by your reckoning.
- He isthe Knower of the Unseen and the Visible, the Almighty, the Most Merciful,
- who perfected everything He created. He originated the creation of thehuman from clay,
- then He made his offspring from a clot of weak water(semen).
- Then He created him and (caused the angel to) breathe into himhis (created) spirit. He gave you eyes and ears, and hearts, yet little doyou thank.
- They say: 'What, when we have been destroyed in the earth,shall we indeed be in a new creation?' Indeed, they disbelieve that theywill meet their Lord.
- Say: 'The Angel of Death, who has been givencharge of you will gather you then to your Lord you shall be returned.'
- Would that you could see the wrongdoers when they lower their heads beforetheir Lord! They will say: 'Our Lord, we have now seen and heard. Send usback and we will do righteous deeds, we are certain.'
- Had We Willed, Wewould have guided every soul. But My Word shall be realized, 'I will fillGehenna (Hell) with jinn and people all together.'
- (We shall say tothem): 'Now taste, for you forgot the encounter of this Day, We haveforgotten you. Taste Our eternal punishment, for that which you weredoing.'
- Only those who believe in Our verses, when reminded of them,prostrate themselves and exalt with the praise of their Lord in humility;
- whose sides forsake their couches as they supplicate to their Lord infear and hope; who give in charity of that which We have given them.
- Nosoul knows what pleases the eye is in store for them as a recompense forwhat they used to do.
- Can he, then, who is a believer, be compared tohe who is wicked? They are not equal.
- As for those who believe and dogood works, there are for them the Gardens of Refuge, in hospitality forthat which they have done.
- But those who do evil their refuge is theFire. As often as they desire to come out of it they shall be driven back,and it will be said to them: 'Taste the punishment of the Fire, which youhave belied.'
- But We will let them taste the nearest punishment (inthis life) before the greater punishment, so that they may return (tofaith).
- And who is more wicked than he who, when reminded of the versesof his Lord turns away from them? We take revenge on the sinners.
- Wehave given the Book to Moses, so (Prophet Muhammad) do not be in doubtconcerning the meeting with him (Prophet Moses) - and made it a guidanceto the Children of Israel.
- When they were patient, We made from themleaders, guiding with Our Command and they were certain of Our verses.
- On the Day of Resurrection your Lord will distinguish between them that onwhich they varied.
- Is it not a guidance to them, how many generationsWe destroyed before them in whose dwelling places they walk? Surely, inthis there are signs. Will they not then hear!
- Do they not see how Wedrive the water to the parched lands and bring forth therefrom crops fromwhich their cattle and themselves eat? Will they not see!
- They alsoask: 'When will this Opening come, if what you say is true?'
- Say: 'Onthe Day of Opening the faith of the unbelievers will not benefit them, norshall they be respited.'
- Therefore turn away from them, and wait, theyare waiting.
English translation of holy Quran by Allah.com - more information
Introduction: English translation in text format generously provided by Allah.com. For details about this translation please check the website Allah.com.
Other contributions: none
File format: plain text ( web pages )
Contents: total 114 surah in 114 pages
Full Quran: Full Quran on single webpage by Allah.com
Type: the translation is idiomatic and only has English text with no Arabic transcript. The text is in black color and an easy to read font which can also be stylized by using your browser stylesheet / accessibility settings
Direct links to surahs of holy Quran