English translation of holy Quran by Allah.com
English translation of holy Quran - surah 31. Lokman - Lokman of 114
This version of holy Quran has English translation in plain text format by Allah.com. The translation is in single color and each verse on its own paragraph is followed by verse number in brackets.
31. Lokman - Lokman
In the Name of Allah the Most Merciful, the Most Beneficent
- Those are the verses of the Wise Book,
- a guidanceand a mercy to those who do good,
- who establish the prayer, pay theobligatory charity, and firmly believe in the Everlasting Life.
- Thoseare guided by their Lord and will surely prosper.
- There are some peoplewho would purchase distracting talk, to lead astray from the Path of Allahwithout knowledge, and take it in mockery; for those is a humiliatingpunishment.
- When Our verses are recited to him, he turns his back inpride, as though he never heard them, and in his ears was heaviness. Giveglad tidings to him of a painful punishment!
- But for those who believeand do good works are Gardens of Bliss,
- where they shall live for ever.The promise of Allah is the truth; He is the Almighty, the Wise.
- Hecreated the heavens without pillars that you see and cast on the earthfirm mountains lest it should shake with you. Upon it He dispersed allmanner of crawling thing, and He sent down water from the sky with whichHe caused to grow in it every generous kind.
- Such is the creation ofAllah; now show me what, other than Him, created! No, the harmdoers are inclear error.
- We gave wisdom to Lokman (saying): 'Give thanks to Allah.He who gives thanks, thanks only for himself, but whosoever is ungrateful,surely, Allah is the Rich, the Praised.'
- And when Lokman said to hisson, in warning: 'My son, associate none with Allah, to associate otherswith Allah is a tremendous wrong.'
- And We charged the human concerninghis parents, for his mother bore him in weakness upon weakness, and hisweaning was in two years. Be thankful to Me and to your parents, to Me isthe arrival.
- But if they strive with you to make you associate with Methat of which you have no knowledge, do not obey them. And accompany themin this life with kindness; and follow the Path of he who turned to Me. ToMe you shall return and I will inform you of all that you have done.
- (Lokman said:) 'My son, if it should be but the weight of one grain ofmustard-seed, and though it be on a rock, or in the heavens, or in theearth, Allah shall bring it. Surely, Allah is the Subtle, Aware.
- Myson, establish the prayer, order with honor but forbid dishonor, and bearpatiently with whatever may fall upon you, indeed that is true constancy.
- Do not turn your cheek in scorn away from people, nor walk proudly onthe earth; Allah does not love the proud and the boastful.
- Walkmodestly, and lower your voice; the most hideous of voices is the brayingof the donkey.
- Do you not see how Allah has subjected to you all thatis in the heavens and the earth, and lavished on you His visible andunseen favors? Yet some people would argue about Allah without knowledge,or guidance, or an Illuminating Book.'
- When it is said to them: 'Followwhat Allah has sent down,' they reply: 'No, rather we will follow thatwhich we found our fathers upon.' What! Even though satan is inviting themto the punishment of the Fire!
- He who surrenders himself to Allah andis a good- doer, has grasped the firmest handle. To Allah the issue ofaffairs return.
- As for those who disbelieve, do not let their disbeliefgrieve you, to Us they shall return and We will tell to them what theydid. Allah has knowledge of what is innermost in their chests.
- We giveto them a little enjoyment for awhile, and then will compel them to atremendous punishment.
- If you ask them: 'Who has created the heavensand the earth?' They will reply: 'Allah.' Say: 'Praise belongs to Allah!'But most of them do not have knowledge.
- To Allah belongs all that is inthe heavens and the earth. He is the Rich, the Praised.
- If all thetrees in the earth were pens, and the sea, with seven more seas toreplenish it (with ink), the Words of Allah would never end. Allah is theAlmighty, the Wise.
- Your creation and your resurrection are but as asingle soul. Allah is the Hearer, the Seer.
- Do you not see how Allahcauses the night to enter into the day, and the day enter into the nightand has subjected the sun and the moon, each running to a named term?Allah is Aware of what you do.
- For Allah is the Truth, while that whichthey call upon, other than Him, is false. For that Allah is the Most High,the Great.
- Do you not see how the ships run upon the sea, by the Favorof Allah so that He may show you His signs? Surely, there are signs inthis for every steadfast, thankful person.
- When the waves, likeshadows, envelop them, they call to Allah making their religion sincerelyHis, but no sooner does He bring them safely to land then some of them arehalf-hearted. None denies Our verses, except the ungrateful traitor.
- People, fear your Lord, and fear the Day when no father shall ransom athing for his child nor a child for his father. The promise of Allah issurely true. So do not let the life of this present world delude you, norlet the deluder (satan) delude you concerning Allah.
- Allah, He alonehas knowledge of the Hour. He sends down the rain and He knows what is inthe wombs. No soul knows what he will earn tomorrow; and no soul knows inwhat land it will die. Surely, Allah is the Knower, the Aware.
English translation of holy Quran by Allah.com - more information
Introduction: English translation in text format generously provided by Allah.com. For details about this translation please check the website Allah.com.
Other contributions: none
File format: plain text ( web pages )
Contents: total 114 surah in 114 pages
Full Quran: Full Quran on single webpage by Allah.com
Type: the translation is idiomatic and only has English text with no Arabic transcript. The text is in black color and an easy to read font which can also be stylized by using your browser stylesheet / accessibility settings
Direct links to surahs of holy Quran