English translation of holy Quran by Allah.com
English translation of holy Quran - surah 30. The Romans - Ar-Rum of 114
This version of holy Quran has English translation in plain text format by Allah.com. The translation is in single color and each verse on its own paragraph is followed by verse number in brackets.
30. The Romans - Ar-Rum
In the Name of Allah the Most Merciful, the Most Beneficent
- The Romans have been defeated (by the Persians)
- ina land close by. But, in a few years after their defeat they shall becomethe victors.
- To Allah belongs the Command before and after, and on thatDay the believers will rejoice
- in the victory of Allah. Allah givesvictory to whosoever He will, and He is the Mighty, the Merciful.
- Thepromise of Allah! Allah does not fail His promise, yet most people do notknow.
- They know an outward part of this life, but of the EverlastingLife they are inattentive.
- Have they never thought to themselves thatAllah did not create the heavens and the earth and all that is betweenexcept with truth, and for a stated term? Yet most people disbelieve thatthey will ever meet their Lord.
- What, have they never journeyed in theland and seen what was the end of those before them? They were stronger inmight than themselves, and they plowed the land and cultivated it morethan they themselves have cultivated it. And to them, their Messengerscame with clear signs, and Allah did not wrong them, but they wrongedthemselves.
- Evil was the end of the harmdoers, because they belied theverses of Allah and mocked at them.
- Allah originates creation, thenbrings it back again, then to Him you shall be returned.
- On the Daywhen the Hour comes, the wrongdoers will be speechless.
- They shall havenone to intercede for them amongst their associates, and they shalldisbelieve in their associates.
- On the Day when the Hour has come, theywill be divided,
- those who believe and did good deeds shall be wellpleased in a garden,
- but those who disbelieved and belied Our versesand the meeting of the Everlasting Life, shall be arraigned forpunishment.
- Therefore, exalt Allah when you enter the evening and inthe morning.
- His is the praise in the heavens and the earth, at thesetting sun and at noon.
- He brings out the living from the dead, andthe dead from the living. He revives the earth after its death. Likewiseyou shall be brought forth.
- And of His signs is that He created youfrom dust and you became humans scattered throughout the earth.
- And ofHis signs is that He created for you wives from among yourselves, that youmight reside with them, and has put kindness and mercy between you.Surely, there are signs in this for those who think.
- And His signs arethe creation of heavens and earth and the diversity of your tongues andcolors. Surely, there are signs in this for all the worlds.
- And of Hissigns is that you sleep at night and day, and seek His bounty. Surely,there are signs in this for those who hear.
- And of His signs is that Heshows you the lightning for fear and hope. He sends down water from thesky and with it He revives the earth after its death. Surely, in thisthere are signs for a nation that understand.
- And of His signs is thatthe heaven and earth stand firm at His command. And when He calls you onceout of the earth, you shall come forth.
- To Him belongs whosoever is inthe heavens and the earth. All are obedient to His Will.
- It is He whooriginates the creation, and then brings it back again, that is easier forHim. For Him is the Highest Example in the heavens and earth He is theAlmighty, the Wise.
- He sets for you an example, drawn from yourselves.Do you have from among those whom your right hand possesses associates inwhat We have given you, who share it equally with you? Do you fear them asyou fear one another? So We made plain Our signs to a nation ofunderstanding.
- No, the wrongdoers follow their own desires withoutknowledge. And who can guide those whom Allah has led astray? There shallbe none to help them.
- Therefore set your face to the religion purely,the upright creation upon which He originated people. There is no changingof the creation of Allah. This is the valuable religion, although mostpeople do not know -
- turning to Him. And fear Him, establish the prayerand do not be of the idolaters,
- those who have divided their religion,and become sects, each rejoicing in what they have.
- When afflictionbefalls mankind they turn to Him calling their Lord in prayer, but when Helets them taste His Mercy, some of them assign associates to their Lord,
- disbelieving in what We have given them. Enjoy, but you shall soonknow.
- Or have We sent down to them an authority that speaks of thatthey associate with Him?
- When We give people a taste of mercy, theyrejoice in it, but when evil befalls them through the forwarding of theirown hands, they become despondent.
- Do they not see that Allahoutspreads and restricts His provision to whom He will? Surely, there aresigns in this for those who believe.
- And give to the kinsman his due,and to the needy, and to the destitute traveler. That is best for thosewho desire the Face of Allah; such will surely prosper.
- That which yougive in usury so that it increases in other people's wealth, will notincrease with Allah; but the charity you give desiring the Face of Allah,to those, they shall be recompensed many times over.
- It is Allah whohas created you and given you your provision. He will cause you to die,and will then revive you. Can any of your associates do any of that?Exalted is He above what they associate.
- Corruption has appeared onland and sea with what the hands of the people earned. Therefore, theytaste some of what they did in order that they return.
- Say: 'Journey inthe land and see what was the end of those who were before you. Most ofthem were idolaters.'
- Therefore in purity set your face to thereligion, before there comes from Allah a Day that cannot be turned back.On that Day mankind will be separated.
- Those who disbelieve will becharged for their disbelief, while the righteous are making provision forthemselves
- so that He will recompense those who believe and dorighteous deeds from His bounty. He does not love the unbelievers.
- Andof His signs is that He looses the winds as bearers of glad tidings, sothat He lets you taste His Mercy and that the ships may sail at Hiscommand in order that you can seek His bounty and be thankful.
- Beforeyou We sent other Messengers to their people; and they came with clearsigns. We took revenge upon the sinners, and it was an incumbent duty uponUs to give victory to the believers.
- It is Allah who looses the windsthat stir the clouds. He spreads them as He will in heaven and dispersesthem, so that you can see the rain falling from their midst. When Hesmites with it whom He will of His worshipers they rejoice,
- thoughbefore its coming they had despaired.
- Look then at the marks of Mercyof Allah; how He revives the earth after its death. He is the Reviver ofthe dead. He has power over all things.
- Yet if We sent a wind so theysee it yellow, indeed after that they would still be unbelievers.
- Youcannot make the dead hear you, nor can you make the deaf hear the callwhen they retreat, turning about.
- You cannot guide the blind out oftheir error. Nor shall you make any to hear except those who believe inOur verses, and are submissive.
- Allah creates you weak; after weaknessHe gives you strength and after strength weakness and gray hairs. Hecreates whatever He will. He is the Knower, the Capable.
- Upon the Daywhen the Hour has come, the harmdoers will swear that they had stayed nomore than an hour. As such they are deceived.
- But those to whomknowledge and belief have been given will say: 'You have stayed in theBook of Allah (the Protected Tablets) till the Day of Resurrection. Thisis the Day of Resurrection, yet you did not know.'
- On that Day, excusesshall not benefit the harmdoers, nor shall they be asked to make amends.
- In this Koran We have set forth for mankind all manner of examples. Yetif you bring to them a sign the unbelievers will surely say: 'You are butfalsifiers.'
- As such Allah seals the hearts of those who do not know.
- Therefore, have patience. The promise of Allah is true. Do not letthose who are uncertain make you unsteady.
English translation of holy Quran by Allah.com - more information
Introduction: English translation in text format generously provided by Allah.com. For details about this translation please check the website Allah.com.
Other contributions: none
File format: plain text ( web pages )
Contents: total 114 surah in 114 pages
Full Quran: Full Quran on single webpage by Allah.com
Type: the translation is idiomatic and only has English text with no Arabic transcript. The text is in black color and an easy to read font which can also be stylized by using your browser stylesheet / accessibility settings
Direct links to surahs of holy Quran