English translation of holy Quran by Allah.com
English translation of holy Quran - surah 29. The Spider - Al-'Ankabut of 114
This version of holy Quran has English translation in plain text format by Allah.com. The translation is in single color and each verse on its own paragraph is followed by verse number in brackets.
29. The Spider - Al-'Ankabut
In the Name of Allah the Most Merciful, the Most Beneficent
- Do people think that they are left alone by saying:'We are believers,' and will not be tried?
- We tried those who have gonebefore them. Allah knows those who are truthful and those who lie.
- Or dothe evildoers think that they will outstrip Us? How evil is theirjudgment!
- He who hopes to meet Allah (must know) that the term of Allahis coming. He is the Hearer, the Knower.
- He who strives, strives forhimself. Allah is the Rich, independent of the worlds.
- As for those whobelieve and do good works, We shall acquit them of their sins, andrecompense them with the best for what they were doing.
- We have chargedthe human to be kind to his parents. But if they bid you to associate withMe that which you have no knowledge, do not obey them. To Me you willreturn, and I shall inform you of all that you have done.
- Those whobelieve and do good works shall be admitted among the righteous.
- Thereare some people who say: 'We believe in Allah,' yet when such is hurt inthe cause of Allah, he makes the persecution of people as though it werethe punishment of Allah. But then if help comes from his Lord, he willsay: 'We were with you.' Does Allah not know what is in the (people's)chests of the worlds?
- Most certainly Allah knows the believers and thehypocrites.
- The unbelievers say to those who believe: 'Follow our path,and we will carry your sins.' Yet they cannot carry even a thing of theirsins. They are surely lying.
- They shall certainly carry their loads,and other loads besides their loads, and on the Day of Resurrection, theyshall be questioned about what they forged.
- Indeed, We sent Noah to hisnation, and he lived amongst them for a thousand years, less fifty (butthey belied him), then the Flood seized them while they were harmdoers.
- But We saved him and all who were in the Ark, and made (the event) a signto the worlds.
- And (remember) Abraham. When he said to his people'Worship Allah and fear Him. That would be best for you, if you but knew.
- You only worship, other than Allah, idols and invent falsehoods. Thosewhom you worship, other than Allah, have no power to give you provision.Therefore seek the provision of Allah, and worship Him. Give thanks toHim, to Him you shall return.'
- If you belie me, other nations beforeyou also belied. It is only for a Messenger to deliver the cleardeliverance.
- Do they not see how Allah originates the Creation, andthen brings it back? That is an easy matter for Allah.
- Say: 'Travel inthe land and see how He started the Creation. Then Allah will originatethe Everlasting Life. Allah has power over all things.
- He punishes whomHe will and has mercy to whom He will. To Him you shall be turned.
- Youare not able to frustrate Him either in the earth or heaven, nor have you,other than Allah, a guardian or helper.
- Those who disbelieve the versesof Allah and the meeting with Him shall despair of My Mercy, for themthere awaits a painful punishment.
- The only answer his nation gave wasthat they said: 'Kill him, or burn him!' But Allah saved him from thefire. Surely, in this there are signs for a nation who believe.
- Hesaid: 'Other than Allah, you have taken to yourselves idols as anaffection between yourselves in the present life. Then, on the Day ofResurrection, you shall deny one another and curse one another, and yourrefuge will be the Fire, and none shall help you.'
- Lot believed him,and said: 'I will migrate to my Lord; He is the Almighty, the Wise.'
- And, We gave him (Abraham), Isaac and Jacob and appointed on hisdescendants the Prophethood and the Book. We gave him his wage in thisworld, and in the Everlasting Life he shall be among the righteous.
- AndLot who said to his nation: 'You commit indecency which no other being inall the world has committed before you.
- What, do you approach men andcause a detour on the road, and commit dishonor (sodomy) in yourassembly?' But the only reply of his nation was: 'Then bring down thepunishment of Allah, if what you say is true.'
- 'My Lord,' he said,'help me against this corrupt nation.'
- And when Our Messengers broughtAbraham the glad tidings they said: 'We are destroying the people of thisvillage, because its people are harmdoers.'
- He said: 'Lot is in it.'They replied: 'We know who are in it, we shall save him and his family,except his wife, she has become of those that shall remain behind.'
- Andwhen Our Messengers came to Lot, he was troubled and distressed on theiraccount. But they said: 'Have no fear, and do not be sad. Surely, we willsave you and your family except your wife, she has become of those thatshall remain behind.'
- We shall send down anger out of heaven upon thepeople of this city because they are debauchers.
- Indeed, We left aclear sign for a nation that understands.
- And to Midian their brotherShu'aib. He said: 'Worship Allah, my nation. Look to the Last Day. Do notmake mischief in the land, doing corrupt works.
- But they belied him, sothe earthquake seized them, and when morning came, they were found fallencrouched in their dwellings, dead.
- Aad and Thamood, it has become clearto you from their dwellings; satan made their works seem fair to them andbarred them from the Path, although they saw clearly.
- And Korah,Pharaoh, and Haman - Moses came to them with clear signs, but they becamevery insolent in the earth, yet they did not outstrip Us.
- Each of themWe seized for his sin. On some We loosed a squall of pebbles, and otherswere seized by the Cry. Some We caused to be swallowed up by the earth,and some We drowned. Allah would never wrong them but they wrongedthemselves.
- The likeness of those who have taken guardians, other thanAllah, is as the likeness of the spider that takes to itself a house;surely the spider's house is the weakest house if they but knew.
- Allahknows whatever they call upon other than Him; He is the Almighty, theWise.
- And We strike these parables for the people, but none understandsexcept the knowledgeable.
- Allah has created the heavens and the earthwith the truth. Surely, in that there is a sign for believers.
- Recitewhat has been sent down to you of the Book, and establish the prayer.Prayer forbids indecency and dishonor. The remembrance of Allah isgreater, and Allah knows what you do.
- And do not dispute with thePeople of the Book (Nazarenes) except in the best manner, except for thoseamong them who do wrong and say (to them): 'We believe in that which wassent down to us and that which was sent down to you. Our God and your Godis One, and to Him we have surrendered.'
- As such, We have sent down toyou the Book. Those to whom We gave the Book believe in it, and so do someof these. None reject Our verses except the unbelievers.
- Never beforedid you recited any Book, or inscribe it with your right hand. If you haddone so, those who follow falsehood would have doubted.
- No, rather theyare clear verses in the chests of those who have been given knowledge.None disbelieves Our verses except the harmdoers.
- They ask: 'Why hasnot a sign been sent down upon him from his Lord?' Say: 'The signs areonly with Allah. I am only a clear warner.'
- Is it not enough for themthat We have sent down to you the Book that is recited to them? Surely, inthis there is a mercy and a reminder to a nation who believe.
- Say:'Allah suffices as a witness between me and you. He knows whatsoever is inthe heavens and the earth. Those who believe in falsehood and disbelievein Allah - those are they who are the losers.'
- They demand that youhasten the punishment! But had it not been for the stated term, thepunishment would come to them; it will come upon them suddenly when theyare unaware.
- They demand that you hasten on the punishment! Gehenna(Hell) will encompass the unbelievers.
- On the Day the punishment shallcover them from above them and from beneath their feet, He shall say:'Taste now what you were doing!'
- O My worshipers who believe, My earthis vast, therefore worship Me!
- Every soul shall taste death, and to Usyou shall be returned.
- Those who believe and do good deeds We shalllodge them in the rooms of Paradise underneath which rivers flow, thereinliving for ever, an excellent wage for those who labor,
- those who arepatient, and put their trust in their Lord.
- How many a beast does notbear its own provision. Allah provides for it, as (He provides) for you.He is the Hearer, the Knower.
- If you ask them: 'Who has created theheavens and the earth and subjected the sun and the moon?' They will say:'Allah.' How perverted they are!
- Allah outspreads and restricts Hisprovision to whomsoever He will of His worshipers. Allah has knowledge ofall things.
- If you were to ask them: ''Who sends down water out of thesky and thereby revives the earth after it was dead,' they will reply:'Allah.' Say: 'Praise, belongs to Allah!' No, but most of them do notunderstand.
- The life of this world is nothing but a diversion and play.Indeed, the Everlasting Residence is the Eternal Life, if they but knew.
- When they embark upon ships, they call to Allah making their religionsincerely His; but when He brings them safe to the land, they associateothers with Him
- showing ingratitude for what We have given them andtake their enjoyment; soon they shall know!
- Do they not see how Weappointed a safe Sanctuary while all around them people are snatched away?Would they believe in falsehood and do they disbelieve in the favor ofAllah!
- And who does greater evil that he who forges a lie against Allahor belied the truth when it comes to him! Is there not a lodging inGehenna for the unbelievers?
- Those who struggle in Our cause, We willsurely guide them to Our ways; and Allah is with those who do good.
English translation of holy Quran by Allah.com - more information
Introduction: English translation in text format generously provided by Allah.com. For details about this translation please check the website Allah.com.
Other contributions: none
File format: plain text ( web pages )
Contents: total 114 surah in 114 pages
Full Quran: Full Quran on single webpage by Allah.com
Type: the translation is idiomatic and only has English text with no Arabic transcript. The text is in black color and an easy to read font which can also be stylized by using your browser stylesheet / accessibility settings
Direct links to surahs of holy Quran