English translation of holy Quran by Allah.com
English translation of holy Quran - surah 27. The Ants - An-Naml of 114
This version of holy Quran has English translation in plain text format by Allah.com. The translation is in single color and each verse on its own paragraph is followed by verse number in brackets.
27. The Ants - An-Naml
In the Name of Allah the Most Merciful, the Most Beneficent
- TaSeen. Those are the verses of the Koran, a clear Book,
- a guidanceand glad tidings to believers,
- who establish their prayers, and pay theobligatory charity, and are certain of the Everlasting Life.
- As forthose who do not believe in the Everlasting Life, We have decorated forthem their works, and they wander blindly.
- Such are those for whom thereis an evil punishment, and in the Everlasting Life are the greatestlosers.
- You have received the Koran from the Wise, the Knower.
- WhenMoses said to his household: 'Indeed, I can see a fire far away. I will goand bring you news of it or I will bring you a lighted flame so that youcan warm yourselves.'
- And when he came near it he was called: 'Blessedbe who is (Moses) in the fire and (the angels) who are around it!Exaltations to Allah, Lord of the Worlds!
- Moses, it is I, Allah, theAlmighty, the Wise.
- Cast down your staff.' And when he saw it writhinglike a serpent, he turned about retreating, and did not turn back. 'Moses,do not fear, indeed the Messengers do not fear (when they are) with Me,
- except he who has done evil, then, after evil, has changed into good. I amthe Forgiving, Most Merciful.
- Put your hand inside your collar and itwill come out luminous without evil - among the nine signs to Pharaoh andhis nation, indeed they were an impious nation.'
- But when Our signscame to them visibly, they said: 'This is plain sorcery.'
- They deniedthem unjustly out of pride, though their souls acknowledged them. See, howwas the end of the corrupt workers!
- We gave knowledge to David andSolomon. They said: 'Praise be to Allah who has preferred us above many ofHis believing worshipers.'
- Solomon inherited David. He said: 'Know, mypeople, we have been taught the speech of birds and given everything.Surely, this is a clear bounty.'
- We gathered to Solomon his army ofjinn, humans and birds; gathered and dispersed,
- and when they came tothe Valley of the Ants, an ant said: 'Ants, go into your dwellings lestSolomon and his army should, unknowingly, crush you.'
- He smiled, andlaughed at its words, and said: 'My Lord, inspire me that I should bethankful for Your blessing with which You have blessed me and my parents,and that I may do good works that will please You. Admit me, by YourMercy, among Your righteous worshipers.'
- He reviewed the birds andsaid: 'Why is it that I do not see the hoopoe here? Or is he among theabsent?
- Surely, I will punish him with a terrible punishment, or I willslaughter him or he gives me a good reason.'
- He was not long in coming,and said: 'I know what you do not know. I come to you from Sheba withcertain news.
- There I found a woman ruling over them. She possesseverything and has a great throne.
- But she and her people prostrate tothe sun instead of Allah. And satan has made their deeds seem pleasing tothem and barred them from the Path, and therefore they are not guided.
- Do they not prostrate themselves to Allah who brings forth all that isconcealed in the heavens and earth and He knows what they hide and whatthey reveal?
- Allah, there is no god except He, the Lord of the MightyThrone.'
- He replied: 'We shall see if what you have said is true orwhether you are among those who lie.
- Take my letter, and drop it tothem. Then turn aside and see what they shall return.'
- She (the Queenof Sheba) said: 'O Council, look, an honorable letter has been dropped tome.
- It is from Solomon and it is "In the Name of Allah, the Merciful,the Most Merciful.
- Do not rise up against me, but come to me insurrender (Muslims)."
- She said: 'O Council, let me hear your counsel,concerning my affairs, for I am not used to deciding an affair until youbear me witness.'
- They replied: 'We are possessors of force and greatmight. It is for you to command, so consider what you will.'
- She said:'When kings enter a village, they ruin it and humiliate its nobles. Andthis they will do.
- But I shall send them a gift and see what themessengers bring back.'
- But when he came to Solomon, he said: 'Is itwealth that you would give me, when Allah has given me that which isbetter than He has given to you? No, but instead you rejoice in your gift!
- Go back then, we shall surely come against them with soldiers of whichthey have no power to oppose, and we shall drive them from there abasedand humiliated.'
- And he said: 'O Council, which of you will bring meher throne, before they come to me, Muslims (submissive to Allah)?'
- Anefreet (an extremely strong jinn) among the jinn replied: 'I will bring itto you before you rise from your place; I have the strength and amtrustworthy.'
- But he who had knowledge of the Book, said: 'I will bringit to you before your glance comes back to you.' And when he saw it setbefore him, he (Solomon) said: 'This is a favor from my Lord that He mighttest me whether I am thankful or ungrateful. Whosoever gives thanks givesthanks only for his (own soul's) good, but he who is ungrateful, truly myLord is Rich and Generous.'
- (Then) he said: 'Let her throne bedisguised, so that we can see whether she is guided or if she is amongthose who are not guided.'
- And when she came she was asked: 'Is yourthrone like this?' And she replied: 'It looks like it.' And we were giventhe knowledge before her, and were Muslims.
- That which she worshipped,other than Allah, had prevented her, for she came from an unbelievingnation.
- It was said to her: 'Enter the pavilion.' And when she saw it,she thought it was a pool of water, and bared her legs. But he said: 'Itis a pavilion smoothed with crystal.' She said: 'My Lord, I have wrongedmyself, and I become a Muslim (submissive) with Solomon to Allah, Lord ofthe Worlds.'
- To Thamood We sent their brother Salih saying: 'WorshipAllah.' But they were two parties in dispute with one another.
- 'Mynation,' he said, 'why do you wish to hasten evil rather than good? Why doyou not ask the forgiveness of Allah, in order that you find mercy?'
- They said: 'We predict an evil omen from you and those who are with you.'He replied: 'Your prediction is with Allah, you are a nation beingtested.'
- In the city there were nine people who were corrupting theland and did not reform.
- They said: 'Let us swear by Allah to attackhim and his family at night, then we will tell his guardian we were notwitnesses of the destruction of his family; and surely we are truthful.'
- And they devised a scheme and, without their knowledge, We devised ascheme.
- And behold the consequences of their devising! We destroyedthem, and their nation altogether.
- Those are their houses, all are inruins because of the evil they committed; surely in this there is a signfor nation who know.
- And We saved those who believed and were cautious.
- And Lot, he said to his nation: 'Do you commit indecencies with youreyes open!
- Do you approach men lustfully instead of women! No, you arean ignorant nation.'
- Yet the only answer of his nation was that theysaid: 'Expel the family of Lot from your village, they are people whopurified themselves!'
- So We saved him and his family, except his wife,whom We decreed should stay behind.
- And we rained on them a rain (ofstones); indeed it is an evil rain that rains on those that are warned.
- Say: 'Praise belongs to Allah and peace be upon His worshipers whom He haschosen!' Who is more worthier, Allah or that which they associate!
- IsHe who created the heavens and the earth, and sent water from the sky foryou and caused gardens to grow - full of beauty - of which its tree youcould never grow, is there a god with Allah? No, but they are a nation whoset up equals with Him!
- Who has established the earth a fixed place andset therein rivers; and set for it firm mountains and placed a barrierbetween the two seas, is there a god with Allah? No, most of them arewithout knowledge.
- Who answers the oppressed when he supplicates to Himand removes evil and appoints you as inheritors of the earth, is there agod with Allah? How little you remember!
- Who guides you in the darknessof the land and sea, and sends the winds bearing glad tidings of HisMercy, is there a god with Allah? Exalted is Allah above what theyassociate.
- Who originates creation, then brings it back again, whogives you sustenance from the heaven and the earth, is there a god withAllah? Say: 'Bring us your proof if you are among the truthful!'
- Say:'None in the heavens or the earth knows the Unseen except Allah, and theyare not aware when they shall be resurrected.'
- No, their knowledgefails them as to the Everlasting Life; no, they are in doubt about it, no,they are blind to it.
- The unbelievers say: 'When we and our fathers areturned to dust, shall we be brought forth?
- We were promised thisbefore, and so were our fathers. It is but the fictitious story of theancients.'
- Say: 'Journey in the land and see what was the end of thesinners.'
- Do not be sorry for them, nor be distressed for what theydevise.
- And they ask: 'When will this promise come, if what you say istrue?'
- Say: 'It may be that part of what you seek to hasten on isalready riding behind you.'
- Surely, your Lord is bountiful to thepeople; yet most of them do not give thanks.
- Surely, your Lord knowswhat they hide in their hearts and what they reveal.
- There is not athing hidden in the heaven and earth except that it is in a Clear Book.
- Surely, this Koran relates to the Children of Israel most of that whichthey are at variance.
- It is a guidance and a mercy to believers.
- Surely, by His Judgement, your Lord will decide between them. He is theMighty, the Knower.
- Therefore put your trust in Allah, for you are upona clear truth.
- You do not make the dead hear, nor do you make the deafhear you call when they turn about, retreating.
- Nor do you guide theblind out of their error, nor do you make any to hear, except those whobelieve in Our verses and are Muslims.
- And when the Word falls on them,We will bring out from the earth a beast that shall speak to them: 'Indeedthe people were not certain of Our verses.'
- On that Day We shall gathera crowd from every nation of those who belied Our verses, so they aregathered.
- When they have come, He will say: 'Did you belie My verses,although you knew nothing, or what was it you were doing?'
- And the Wordshall fall upon them because of the evil they committed, and they shall bespeechless.
- Have they not seen how We have made the night for them torest in and the day to see? Surely, there are signs in this for the nationwho believe.
- On the Day the Horn shall be blown all who live in theheavens and earth will be terrified, except those whom Allah wills. Allshall come to Him humbled.
- And you will see the mountains which youthink to be firm pass by like clouds. (Such is the) making of Allah, whohas created everything well. He is Aware of the things you do.
- Whosoever comes with a good deed shall have better than it, and shall besecure from the terrors of that Day.
- But those who come with an evildeed shall have their faces thrust into the Fire: 'Are you recompensedexcept for your deeds?'
- (Say Prophet Muhammad): 'I am only ordered toworship the Lord of this country, which He has made sacred, everythingbelongs to Him. And I am ordered to be of the Muslims,
- and to recitethe Koran. Whosoever is guided is only guided for himself, and towhosoever goes astray, say: 'I am only a warner.'
- And say: 'Praisebelongs to Allah! He will show you His signs and you will recognize them.Your Lord is not inattentive of what you do.'
English translation of holy Quran by Allah.com - more information
Introduction: English translation in text format generously provided by Allah.com. For details about this translation please check the website Allah.com.
Other contributions: none
File format: plain text ( web pages )
Contents: total 114 surah in 114 pages
Full Quran: Full Quran on single webpage by Allah.com
Type: the translation is idiomatic and only has English text with no Arabic transcript. The text is in black color and an easy to read font which can also be stylized by using your browser stylesheet / accessibility settings
Direct links to surahs of holy Quran