English translation of holy Quran by Allah.com
English translation of holy Quran - surah 22. The Pilgrimage - Al-Hajj of 114
This version of holy Quran has English translation in plain text format by Allah.com. The translation is in single color and each verse on its own paragraph is followed by verse number in brackets.
22. The Pilgrimage - Al-Hajj
In the Name of Allah the Most Merciful, the Most Beneficent
- O people, have fear of your Lord. The earthquake of the Hour shall bea great thing.
- On that Day you will see every one that suckles shallforsake her suckling, and every carrier shall miscarry, and you shall seemankind drunk although they are not drunk; dreadful will be the punishmentof Allah.
- Among people there are those, who without knowledge, disputeabout Allah and follow every rebel satan,
- against whom it is writtendown that whosoever takes him for a guide, he guides astray, and leads himto the punishment of the Blaze.
- O people, if you are in doubt about theResurrection, remember that We first created you from dust, then, from asperm drop, then from a clot, and then from a bite-size tissue formed andunformed, so that We might clarify for you. We establish in the wombswhatever We will for an appointed term, and then We bring you forth asinfants, then you come of age. Some of you die, and some of you are keptback to the vilest state of life, after knowing somewhat, they knownothing. And you see the earth dry; but no sooner do We send down rainupon it than it begins to quiver and swell, putting forth every finevariety (of herbage).
- That is because Allah is the Truth; He revives thedead and has power over all things.
- And the Hour is sure to come - thereis no doubt. And Allah will raise up those in the graves.
- Some disputeabout Allah, though they have neither knowledge nor guidance, nor anilluminating Book.
- There is for him who turns his side to lead (others)astray from the Path of Allah, degradation in this life and We shall lethim taste the punishment of the burning on the Day of Resurrection.
- 'This, is the reward for what your hands have forwarded. Allah is notunjust to the worshipers.'
- There are among the people such who worshipAllah and (yet stand) on the very edge. When goodness comes to him, he iscontent, but if a trial befalls him he falls upon his face, he loses thisworld and the Everlasting Life; that is indeed a clear loss.
- He callsto other than Allah, to that which neither hurts him, nor benefits him;that is indeed far error.
- He calls upon him whose harm is nearer thanhis benefit, an evil guide and an evil friend.
- As for those who believeand do good works Allah will admit them to gardens underneath which riversflow. Allah indeed does what He will.
- If any one thinks that Allah willnot give him (Prophet Muhammad) victory in this present world and in theEverlasting Life, let him stretch a rope to heaven, and let him sever it.Then, let him see if his guile does away with that which has enraged him.
- As such We have sent it in clear verses. Indeed, Allah gives guidanceto whom He will.
- Surely, they that believe, and those of Jewry, theSabaeans, the Nazarenes, the Magians, and the unbelievers, Allah willjudge them on the Day of Resurrection. Surely, Allah is witness overeverything.
- Have you not seen that to Allah prostrate all who are inthe heavens and all who are in the earth, the sun and the moon, the starsand the mountains, the trees and the beasts, and many people? And manydeserve the punishment. He who is abased by Allah has none to honor him.Allah does what He will.
- Those are two who disputed concerning theirLord. Garments of fire have been prepared for the unbelievers. Boilingwater shall be poured over their heads,
- and that which is in theirbellies and their skins shall be melted;
- for them are hooked rods ofiron.
- Whenever in their anguish they try to get out of it, they arerestored to it. (It will be said): 'Taste the punishment of burning.'
- Allah will admit those who believe and do good works to gardens underneathwhich rivers flow. They shall be adorned therein with bracelets of goldand with pearls, and their garments shall be of silk.
- For they shall beguided to good speech and guided to the praised path.
- The unbelieverswho bar from the Way of Allah and from the Holy Mosque which We made equalfor all peoples, he who cleaves to it and the tent-dweller alike, andwhosoever seeks to violate it wrongfully, We shall let him taste a painfulpunishment.
- And when We settled for Abraham (and Ishmael) the place ofthe Holy Mosque, (We said): 'You shall not associate with Me anything.Purify My House for those who circumambulate it and those who stand, forthose who bow and prostrate.
- Proclaim the pilgrimage to the people.They will come to you on foot and on every lean camel, they shall comefrom every deep ravine;
- that they witness profitable things for themand mention the Name of Allah on well known days over the flocks which Hehas provided them. Eat thereof, and feed the wretched poor.
- Then, letthe pilgrims accomplish their acts of cleansing, and let them fulfilltheir vows, and circumambulate the Ancient House.
- All that; andwhosoever venerates the sacred rites of Allah it shall be better for himwith his Lord. The flocks are lawful to you, except that which is recitedto you. Therefore, avoid the filth of idols and avoid speaking falsely,
- being of pure faith to Allah, not associating anything with Him. He whoassociates others with Allah is like he who falls from heaven and issnatched away by the birds or carried by the wind to some far-off place.
- All that; and, he who venerates the waymarks of Allah, surely it isfrom the piety of the hearts.
- In them, you have benefits until anappointed time. After their place of sacrifice is at the Ancient House.
- For every nation We have appointed a holy ritual, that they pronounce theName of Allah over the beast of flocks which He has provided them. YourGod is One God; to Him surrender yourselves. Give glad tidings to thehumble,
- whose hearts, when Allah is mentioned, quake, who endure theirmisfortunes with patience, and establish their prayers, and spend of thatwhich We have provided them.
- And the camels We have made a part of thewaymarks of Allah. In them is good for you. Pronounce over them the Nameof Allah, when they are hobbled; and when they have fallen down on theirsides, eat of them and feed the impoverished non-requestor and therequestor. As such We have subjected them to you, in order that you givethanks.
- Their flesh and blood does not reach Allah rather it is pietyfrom you that reaches Him. As such He has subjected them to you, in orderthat you exalt Allah for guiding you. And give glad tidings to thegenerous.
- Allah will defend those who believe. Verily, Allah does notlove the ungrateful cheat.
- Permission is given to those who fightbecause they were wronged. Allah has power to grant them victory:
- thosewho have been unjustly driven from their homes, just because they said:'Our Lord is Allah.' Had Allah not repelled some people by the means ofothers, the monasteries and churches, the synagogues and mosques in whichthe Name of Allah is remembered would have been destroyed. But whoeverhelps Allah shall be helped by Him. Allah is the Strong, the Almighty,
- those who, if We established them in the land, will establish the prayersand pay the obligatory charity, order with honor and forbid dishonor, andto Allah is the end of all affairs.
- If they belie you, so too beforethem, the nation of Noah belied, and Aad and Thamood
- and the nation ofAbraham and the nation of Lot;
- and the inhabitants of Midian, to Mosesthey also belied. I respited the unbelievers, then I seized them, and howwas My disapproval!
- How many a village We have destroyed in itsharm-doing, so that it lies fallen upon its turrets, and how many anabandoned well, and empty palace!
- Have they never journeyed through theland so that they have hearts to understand, or ears to hear with? It isnot the eyes, but the hearts in the chests that are blind.
- They ask youto hasten the punishment. Allah will not break His promise. Each day withyour Lord is like a thousand years in your reckoning.
- And how many avillage have I respited in its evil doing! Then I seized it. To Me is thereturn.
- Say (Prophet Muhammad): 'O people, I have been sent to warn youplainly.
- Those who believe and do good works, theirs shall beforgiveness and a generous provision;
- but those who strive to void Ourverses, thinking they have escaped, shall be the people of Hell.'
- Neverhave We sent a Messenger or a Prophet before you, but when he hoped, satantampered with his hope. But Allah supersedes the tampering of satan andconfirms His verses. And Allah is the Knower, the Wise.
- (This Hepermits) in order that He makes satan's interjections a temptation forthose in whose hearts is a sickness and those whose hearts are hardened -and the harmdoers are in a wide schism,
- and so that those to whomknowledge has been given will know that this is the truth from your Lordand so believe in it and that their hearts will be humble to Him. Indeed,Allah will surely guide those who believe to a Straight Path.
- Theunbelievers will never cease to doubt it until the Hour overtakes themsuddenly or the punishment of the Barren Day comes upon them.
- TheKingdom upon that Day shall belong to Allah. He will judge between them.Those who believe and do good works shall be in Gardens of Bliss,
- butfor those who disbelieved Our verses and belied there awaits a humblingpunishment.
- As for those who emigrated in the way of Allah and wereslain, or died, Allah will provide them with fine provisions. Allah is theBest of providers.
- He will admit them by a gate that is pleasing tothem, and surely, Allah is the Knower, the Clement.
- So shall it be. Hewho punishes after the manner that he was punished and then again isoppressed, shall be helped by Allah. Allah is Pardoning, Forgiving.
- That is because Allah causes the night to enter into the day, and the dayenter into the night. Allah is the Hearer and the Seer.
- That is becauseAllah is the Truth, and falsehood is all that they call upon, other thanHim. Allah is the Most High, the Most Great.
- Do you not see that Allahsends down water from the sky and in the morning the earth becomes green?Allah is Subtle, the Aware.
- To Him belong all that is in the heavensand earth, surely, Allah is the Rich, the Praised.
- Do you not see thatAllah has subjected to you all that is on the earth, and the ships whichrun upon the sea by His command? He holds the sky back lest it should fallupon the earth except by His permission. Allah is Gentle to people, theMost Merciful.
- It is He who revives you, then He will cause you to dieand then He revives you. Indeed, the human is ungrateful.
- For everynation We have appointed a Holy Rite which they shall perform. Do not letthem dispute with you concerning the matter. Call to your Lord; surely,you are upon a Straight Path.
- If they argue with you, say: 'Allah knowsbest all that you do.
- On the Day of Resurrection, Allah will judgebetween you concerning that in which you vary.
- Are you not aware thatAllah has knowledge of what is in the heaven and earth? This is (recorded)in a Book. That is easy for Allah.
- Yet they worship that for which Hedid not send down authority, and that of which they have no knowledge.Indeed, the harmdoers shall have no helpers.
- When Our clear verses arerecited to them, you will recognize denial upon the faces of theunbelievers. They nearly rush upon those who recite Our verses to them.Say: 'Shall I tell you what is worse than that?' The Fire which Allah haspromised those who disbelieve - an evil arrival.'
- People, this is aparable, listen to it. Those whom you call upon, other than Allah, couldnever create a fly, though they banded together to do this. And if a flyrobs them of anything, they could never rescue it from it. The seeker andthe sought are alike in their weakness.
- They do not value Allah as Heshould be valued. For Allah is Powerful and Mighty.
- Allah choosesMessengers from angels and from people. Allah is the Hearer, the Seer.
- He knows what is before them and behind them. To Allah all things arereturned.
- O you who believe, bow down and prostrate yourselves. Worshipyour Lord and do good, in order that you prosper.
- Struggle for Allah asis due to Him. He has chosen you and has not laden a burden upon you inyour religion, being the Creed of Abraham your father. He has named youMuslims before and in this so that the Messenger (Muhammad) can be awitness for you, and in order that you be witnesses against mankind.Therefore, establish the prayer and pay the obligatory charity and holdfast to Allah. He is your Guardian, the Excellent Guardian, the ExcellentHelper!
English translation of holy Quran by Allah.com - more information
Introduction: English translation in text format generously provided by Allah.com. For details about this translation please check the website Allah.com.
Other contributions: none
File format: plain text ( web pages )
Contents: total 114 surah in 114 pages
Full Quran: Full Quran on single webpage by Allah.com
Type: the translation is idiomatic and only has English text with no Arabic transcript. The text is in black color and an easy to read font which can also be stylized by using your browser stylesheet / accessibility settings
Direct links to surahs of holy Quran