English translation of holy Quran by Allah.com
English translation of holy Quran - surah 14. The Prophet Abraham - Ibrahim of 114
This version of holy Quran has English translation in plain text format by Allah.com. The translation is in single color and each verse on its own paragraph is followed by verse number in brackets.
14. The Prophet Abraham - Ibrahim
In the Name of Allah the Most Merciful, the Most Beneficent
- AlifLaamRa. We have sent down to you (this Book) in order that youbring mankind from darkness to the light by the permission of your Lord,to the Path of the Almighty, the Praised.
- Allah to whom belongs all thatis in the heavens and the earth. Woe to the unbelievers for a terriblepunishment.
- Those who prefer this life more than the Everlasting Life,and bar others from the way of Allah and seek to make it crooked - theyare in far error.
- We have sent no Messenger except in the tongue of hisown nation, so that he might make everything plain to them. But Allahleads astray whom He will and guides whom He will. He is the Almighty, theWise.
- We sent Moses with Our signs, 'Bring your nation out of darknessinto the light, and remind them of the Days of Allah.' Surely, in that aresigns for every patient, thankful (person).
- Moses said to his nation:'Remember the blessing of Allah to you when He saved you from Pharaoh'sfamily, who had oppressed you cruelly, and who slew your sons and sparedyour women. Surely, that was a great trial from your Lord.
- And when yourLord proclaimed: "If you give thanks, I will increase you, but, if you areunthankful My punishment is indeed stern."'
- And Moses said: 'If you andall mankind are thankless, He is surely Rich, Praised.'
- Have you notheard what befell the nations that have gone before you? The nations ofNoah, Aad, and Thamood, and those who came after? None knows them butAllah. Their Messengers came to them with clear signs, but they thrusttheir hands into their mouths and said: 'Without doubt we disbelieve theMessage you have been sent with. That which you call us to isdisquieting.'
- Their Messengers said: 'Is there any doubt about Allah,the Originator of the heavens and the earth? He calls you to Him in orderthat He forgives you your sins and defers you till a stated term.' Theysaid: 'You are only mortals like us. You wish to bar us from that whichour fathers worshipped. Give us some clear proof.'
- Their Messengerssaid to them: 'We are nothing except humans like you. But Allah bestowsHis Mercy on those of His worshipers whom He chooses. We cannot give youproof, except with the permission of Allah. In Allah, let believers puttheir trust.
- And why should we not put our trust in Allah, when He hasalready guided us to our Paths? We will endure your hurt patiently. InAllah, let all who trust place their trust.'
- Those who disbelieved saidto their Messengers: 'Return to our faith or we will banish you from ourland.' But Allah revealed to them: 'We shall destroy the harmdoers
- andlet you live in the land after them. This is for him who fears My stationand fears My threat.'
- They sought a judgment, then every tyrant wasdisappointed.
- Gehenna (Hell) is before him and he is given oozing pusto drink,
- which he gulps and can scarcely swallow. Death will come tohim from every side, yet he cannot not die, and yet to come is a dreadfulpunishment.
- As for the likeness of those who disbelieve in their Lord,their works are like ashes which a strong wind scatters on a stormy day;they are powerless over that they have earned; that is the far error.
- Do you not see that Allah has created the heavens and the earth withtruth? He can put you away if He will and bring into being a new creation;
- indeed, that is no great thing for Allah.
- Together they shall allcome before Allah. Then the weak will say to those who were proud: 'Wewere your followers. Can you help us in anything against the punishment ofAllah?' They will say: 'Had Allah guided us we would have guided you. Itis now the same for us whether we cannot endure or bear patiently, we haveno place of refuge.'
- And when the issue has been decided, satan willsay (to them): 'The promise which Allah made you was true. I promised you,but failed to keep it. I had no authority over you except that I calledyou, and you answered me. Do not blame me, rather, blame yourselves. Icannot help you, nor can you help me. I disbelieved in your associating me(with Allah) before.' Indeed, for the evildoers there is a painfulpunishment.
- As for those who believe and do good works, they shall beadmitted to gardens underneath which rivers flow in which, by thepermission of their Lord, they shall live for ever. Their greeting shallbe: 'Peace!'
- Have you not seen how Allah sets forth a parable that agood deed is like a good tree, its roots are firm and its branches are inthe heaven,
- yielding its fruit every season by the permission of Allah?Allah gives parables to mankind so that they might remember.
- Thelikeness of a corrupt word is like a corrupt tree uprooted from the earthhaving no stability.
- Allah will strengthen the believers with asteadfast Word, both in this life and in the Everlasting Life. Allah leadsthe evildoers astray. Allah does what He will.
- Have you not seen thosewho exchanged the favor of Allah with disbelief and landed their nation ina house of ruin?
- They shall be roasted in Gehenna; an evilestablishment!
- They set up rivals with Allah to lead others astray. Sayto them: 'Take your pleasure; your arrival shall be the Fire.'
- Tell Myworshippers, those who believe, who establish the prayer, and spend ofwhat We have given them in private and in public, before the coming ofthat Day in which there is neither bargaining, nor the taking of friends,
- it is Allah who created the heavens and the earth, and sends down waterfrom the heaven with which He brings forth fruits for your provision. Hehas subjected to you ships which, by His command, run upon the sea. He hassubjected to you rivers,
- and He subjected to you the sun and the moon,which are constant in their courses. And, He has subjected to you thenight and the day, and gave you all that you asked of Him.
- If you countthe blessings of Allah, you will never number them. Indeed, the human iswicked and thankless.
- And when Abraham said: 'My Lord, make this a landsecure. Turn me and my children away from worshipping idols.
- My Lordthey have led many people astray. Whosoever follows me belongs to me.Whosoever rebels against me, You are surely Forgiving, the Most Merciful.
- 'Our Lord, I have settled some of my offspring in a barren valley nearYour Holy House; our Lord, in order that they establish the prayer. Makethe hearts of people yearn towards them, and provide them with fruits, inorder that they are thankful.
- Our Lord, You have knowledge of all thatwe hide and all that we reveal; nothing in heaven or earth is hidden fromAllah.
- Praise be to Allah who has given me Ishmael and Isaac in my oldage! Indeed, my Lord is the Hearer of the supplication.
- My Lord, makeme and my descendants establishers of prayer. Our Lord, accept my prayer.
- Forgive me, our Lord, and forgive my parents and all the believers onthe Day of Reckoning.'
- Do not think that Allah is unaware of theharmdoers work. He only gives them respite till the Day on which all eyeswill stare,
- when they shall run with their necks outstretched and headserect, their glances never return to themselves, their hearts are empty.
- Warn mankind of the Day when the punishment will overtake them, whenthe evildoers will say: 'Our Lord, grant us respite for awhile, we willanswer Your call, and follow the Messengers.' Did you not once swear thatyou would never cease?
- You lived in the dwellings of those who wrongedthemselves, and it was clear to you how We dealt with them, and how Westruck parables for you.
- They plotted their plots, but their plots are(known) to Allah, even though their plots were such as to move mountains.
- Do not think that Allah will break the promise He gave to HisMessengers. Mighty is Allah, and Vengeful.
- On the Day when the earth ischanged into other than the earth and the heavens, all shall come beforeAllah, the One, the Conqueror.
- On that Day, you shall see the sinnerscoupled together in fetters;
- their garments shall be of melted tar, andtheir faces enveloped by the Fire.
- Allah will recompense each soulaccording to its earnings. Swift is the Reckoning of Allah.
- This is amessage to be delivered to mankind so that they may be warned by it, andknow that He is (Allah) One God, and so all those possessed of minds mayremember.
English translation of holy Quran by Allah.com - more information
Introduction: English translation in text format generously provided by Allah.com. For details about this translation please check the website Allah.com.
Other contributions: none
File format: plain text ( web pages )
Contents: total 114 surah in 114 pages
Full Quran: Full Quran on single webpage by Allah.com
Type: the translation is idiomatic and only has English text with no Arabic transcript. The text is in black color and an easy to read font which can also be stylized by using your browser stylesheet / accessibility settings
Direct links to surahs of holy Quran